Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:   

Which Online Retailers Deliver to Canada?

(28 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by mtgallet
  • Latest reply from piperl12
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mtgallet

Login to Send PM

Hello all, besides 4noggins I was wondering if there are any other sites that will deliver to canada.
    I want to buy frog morton and a new pipe. I dont want to spend much on the pipe either. I want a straight pipe so I was thinking about picking up the brindisi pipe 139 on 4 noggins. Anyone know anything about this brand? I really dont want to go the estate route so I figured this was a good choice unless anyone has anything better in mind.

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. nscoyote

nscoyote

Login to Send PM

I believe Smokingpipes.com does ship to canada *they are an active sponser here so i assuem will chime in shortly to verify that* , just keep in mind your limits from Canada customs when ordering tobacco as if you are over they *CBSA* will ding you for duties and taxes.

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. skapunk1

skapunk1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

And 4noggins.....

Warren
    Posted 5 years ago #
  4. jkenp

jkenp

Login to Send PM

I've heard that 4noggins is much preferred by many Canuks, eh. They can piece out your shipment when necessary.

You know you can view only new pipes on ebay, right? You can actually find some pretty decent pipes at even less than basket prices, if you work at it a bit.

I'd also suggest someone like BriarBlue or Mattia for reconditioned estate pipes. Mattia in particular offers some great lower priced pipes. If ebay scares you a bit, there's honest sellers. Google Viking Pipe Club and Briar Blue.

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. pipestud

pipestud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You know you can view only new pipes on ebay, right? You can actually find some pretty decent pipes at even less than basket prices, if you work at it a bit. - jkenp

Howdy jkenp, I need to correct your mis-information. eBay has many more estate, used, pre-smoked pipes offered for sale than new, unsmoked pipes. I've sold a few used pipes on eBay myself over the years, so this is first hand information. (-;

Best,
    Pipestud

Pipestud
    Posted 5 years ago #
  6. latbomber

latbomber

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My big tips: Dont order pipes and tobacco in the same order, dont let tobacco orders exceed 250/300g.

Posted 5 years ago #
  7. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

smokingpipes ships to Canada as does 4noggins. I keep orders at 200g to tops 250g.

Posted 5 years ago #
  8. jkenp

jkenp

Login to Send PM

@pipestud

Not quite sure how I misinformed the gentlemen. I didn't address quantities available. I pointed out that he could view only the new pipes offered -- be they one or a thousand.

P.S. I used to stand a stud -- Quarter Horse. Nice work if you can get it; unless it is artificial insemination. Not sure how one covers a pipe though. Have you released any videos?

Posted 5 years ago #
  9. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I had bought a beautiful Peterson pipe from Pipestud on Ebay, and I was very pleased with his excellent customer service. There are other sellers here that have great deals both online and Ebay, Briarblues being another good example. I have found both of these sellers very knowledgeable about pipes, and very helpful.
    By clicking the options offered on Ebay you can view new pipes, or you can view estate pipes, or both.
    Great option if you are looking for a certain pipe, saves sifting through many pages of all sorts of pipes.

Posted 5 years ago #
  10. mkelaw

mkelaw

Login to Send PM

http://www.mkelaw-pipes.com delivers pipes into Canada and any other country in the world.

Posted 5 years ago #
  11. pipestud

pipestud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@pipestud

Not quite sure how I misinformed the gentlemen. I didn't address quantities available. I pointed out that he could view only the new pipes offered -- be they one or a thousand.

P.S. I used to stand a stud -- Quarter Horse. Nice work if you can get it; unless it is artificial insemination. Not sure how one covers a pipe though. Have you released any videos? -jkenp

Howdy again jkenp,

Yes sir, I sure have. And your check's in the mail for starring in the production, which was much appreciated.

Best,

Pipestud

Posted 5 years ago #
  12. jkenp

jkenp

Login to Send PM

And your check's in the mail for starring in the production

No problem, Stud. I'm glad I could turn it into a feature instead of the short subject you could only get going.

Posted 5 years ago #
  13. pipestud

pipestud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

LOL!

And that's why the check's a whopper, jkenp.

Now then, to slowly get this thread back on topic; I just thought of another online retailer that ships both pipes and tobaccos to Canada. It is http://www.iwanries.com. Not sure, but I think http://www.mccranies.com also ships to Canada.

Best,

Pipestud

Posted 5 years ago #
  14. northernneil

northernneil

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If you are looking to buy a pipe, I would recommend SmokingPipes.com. If you are looking for Tobacco, there is no one better than Rich at 4Noggins.

Also, there is a site call Pipe2Smoke.com. He is located in Ontario, and ships pipes anywhere in the world. He also hand blends his own tobacco mixtures, but I do not think he can send tobacco mixtures to you unless you live in Ontario.

I have a lot of experience bring pipe tobacco into Canada. Feel free to send me a private message and I can give you some more details.

Posted 5 years ago #
  15. User has not uploaded an avatar

mtgallet

Login to Send PM

Awesome! Thanks for all the help. As for the pipe in specific. Does anyone have anything to say about brindisi? Or can anyone suggest a new straight briar, preferably billiard or apple for less than $50?

Posted 5 years ago #
  16. User has not uploaded an avatar

mtgallet

Login to Send PM

I noticed someone said to get the pipe shipped separately? why is this? I really want to keep costs down so this seems rather redundant if there isn't a solid reason. Can someone clarify? Also Im choosing between Brindisi and Rossi pipes any info on those brands? One better than the other?

Posted 5 years ago #
  17. latbomber

latbomber

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

From my experience you are much more likely to get hit with duty on a pipe (which is a recognizable shape) than tobacco. If you get hit with duty on a pipe AND tobacco the duty costs will be worth multiple times what your order is and defeat the purpose of an online order in the first place. Tobacco on its own is much more "customs friendly" by itself if you get my drift.

Posted 5 years ago #
  18. hunterwold1

hunterwold1

Login to Send PM

For best shipping prices I have found smokingpipes.com to be my go to source. I have ordered also from pipesandcigars.com but their shipping prices are higher. I have also ordered from Just for Him with no problems. The one company that will not ship to Canada is Tewksbury and Company which is frustrating because I really like Hobbit's Weed. I have only ordered once from 4noggins. Pay attention to amounts or you can get dinged.

Posted 5 years ago #
  19. ghost

ghost

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just a reminder that pipesandcigars.com no longer ships to Canada. I vote for 4noggins. S+P is good too if there are certain blends that 4noggins doesn't carry that you are looking for.

Matt.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  20. cgrd

cgrd

Login to Send PM

For those lucky enough to live a short way from the border another good option is parcel services. They're businesses set up on US border towns, and for a small fee, will accept mail for you to pick up. If you happen to stay in the US for 48+ hours, you can bring back 200gr of tobacco duty free.

Posted 5 years ago #
  21. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I live very close to the NY border and we actually use one of these services for online shopping in the US. I never use it for tobacco though, as it just isn't worth it. If I order it through the mail, the chances of me getting dinged with duty (as long as I order 200g) is about 1%. 200g is all I could bring back across the border without duty in any event, so really doesn't get you very far. Good thought though.

Posted 5 years ago #
  22. papabear

papabear

Login to Send PM

Just ordered me some tobacco from 4noggins

Dunhill: NIGHTCAP 50g
    Cornell & Diehl: EPIPHANY 2oz
    4noggins: SAMPLER - AROMATIC
    Capstan: READY RUBBED GOLD 50g

Posted 5 years ago #
  23. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Anyone know how often you can order before attracting too much attention.

Posted 5 years ago #
  24. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Anyone know how often you can order before attracting too much attention.

Posted 5 years ago #
  25. skapunk1

skapunk1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ive placed back to back orders.....no probs

Posted 5 years ago #
  26. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good to know I can be here for your amusement Peck lol I did not mean from the wife...although that should be considered I suppose.

Posted 5 years ago #
  27. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Heh heh piper, my detection problem has come from the wife only - and I have ordered quite a bit over the last year, with no other issues.

Posted 5 years ago #
  28. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Peck, if you haven't seen it already you have to see the new Cosby special he explains marriage perfectly!

Posted 5 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   64alex, didimauw, gerryp, elpfeife, codecreatively, jaytex969, canucklehead, craig61a, oldtoby, trudger, yuda