PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Been working at trimming down the number of different baccy's I had open at once, I don't know why really, seemed like the thing to do.

Anyway the smoking cabinet is getting a little sparse now as it's gone from 25 open jars to 15 (-;

So I was wondering what ya'll would do in this situation.
Of the following smokes, these are all new to me by the way, which one would you be most inclined to open next?
AC Peterson/PS - Escudo

Erinmore - Erinmore Flake

G.L. Pease - Key Largo

G.L. Pease - Triple Play

G.L. Pease - Westminster

Gawith Hoggarth - Louisiana Perique Flake

Hearth&Home - Black House

Hearth&Home - Marquee: Sweet&Savory

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Dude... You can only open one? I've heard great things about them all and the Key Largo has been something ive been eyeballing for a while.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Key Largo is DELICIOUS....that being said I'm quite biased as 98% of what I smoke is by Pease. Triple Play is also good, but I only had it at the Chicago Show for two bowls....haven't opened my own tin yet (although it's sitting there, wondering how long it has until I do....)
Definitely take that last bits of your tins and combine them tho! I did this recently with about 5 or 6 different tins and called it Mystery Tobacco. It was always enjoyable, although sometimes it was probably only enjoyable because it was "fun" to smoke mystery tobacco, and had i bought that flavor of blend else where wouldn't have been a fan, HOWEVER, about 3-5 times throughout every bowl of mystery i had there where a few moments of "WOW - I could smoke this every day!" It's also particularly fun because the flavor of your bowls change a lot while smoking them...it's quite unique!

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Well, that's 2 for Key Largo, 1 for Escudo. More! I need more (-:
Definitely take that last bits of your tins and combine them tho

For certain cagon, that's a standard practice! Once a I have less than a bowl remaining in a jar it gets put into the "Scraps Jar". The occasional dottle as well as bits from the mixing bowl goes in also.

Does make for some unique smokes (-;

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
So I was wondering what ya'll would do in this situation.

I try to balance-out my rotation between the different blend types: Va., VaPer, Oriental, Va. Flake, Burley, Cavendish, etc.

So when I have a particular appetite for something I always have a representative type at the ready.

nikko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2011
wow, those are all blends I want to try, less black house, because I have one open now. so, my vote is for black house, loved it.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
My Portuguese friend informed me its pronounced Eshoodo, means "Shield" in portuguese and was the name for their currency before they adopted the euro.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

Smoke it !

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Eshoodo leading with 5, 2 each for Key Largo and Black House, 1 shout out for Sweet & Savory.
try to balance-out my rotation between the different blend types

As do I cortez.

Though I do get carried away with one particular type occasionally. VaPers was a crazy one for awhile with like 7 different ones open at the same time. Comparison tasting, uh-huuh!
Aside from that which of the above might you be inclined to open?

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Yeah.... but this is America and we will pronounce it Es-Koo-Dough til the day we die. :puffy:
Cause even if you say it correctly to the tobacconist behind the counter he'll give you that look... 8O
P.S. There should really be a polling mechanism for these forums just for this kind of thread... But I guess there is a dedicated posting area for such ideas...

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
Just to be another devil on dirts shoulder, I'd recommend the Gawith Lousiana flake.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I'd be hard-pressed in a choice like that, OTD. If you haven't tried Escudo yet, you owe it to yourself to open it immediately and consume it all. Barring that, I'd close my eyes and pick one at random.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Having only tried the Black House, and that only yesterday, I would be equally perplexed. So, go buy a case of small mason jars and a marks-a-lot.....

Status
Not open for further replies.