PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I was going to order a pouch of Condor but wasn't sure which cut. I'm guessing long cut means flake and that would be my usual preference. But they also list blended and ready rub.
My tab is up to $26 eu but haven't seen the VAT yet

clarkj734

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2014
They are all good. I enjoy the RR and the Plug personally. The flake is great also, but I like the plug better than the flake, and RR when I don't want to "fuss".
All forms are heavenly and Condor has become a must have on hand smoke for me, great change of pace. I fight myself not to smoke it constantly since its not readily available.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Only tried the RR, but it is one of my favorites, might be my all time favorite if I was forced to choose.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
All forms are heavenly and Condor has become a must have on hand smoke for me, great change of pace. I fight myself not to smoke it constantly since its not readily available.
I'm with you on that point...

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I'm with you on that point...
Ah the struggles of a U.S. condor lover. I feel the pain also.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Brass, I thought you were located in the US? If so, you don't have to worry about the VAT.

May 31, 2012
Same here!

:puffy:

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
Just don't go for the Condor Blended, (formerly Condor Mild) If you don't believe me, just ask condorlover1!
Eric

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I've smoked all three, but only 25g for the RR and flake. But in any case I love plug, so that's what I've bought.
I find all manner of oddities about Condor production and availability. As I understand it the plug and RR are produced by Gallaher in Ireland, which also has its ghosts, as this once strong house used to manufacture much more tobacco and are now down to a few. One after another the major Irish production sites have closed; if I had to guess why I'd guess Irish wages and the willingness of corporations to relocate anywhere to reduce wages. Next is production only of the Loose Cut to Spain. It doesn't make sense to me that one cut is moved to another country while two others remain at Gallaher; and this cut cannot be sold in Ireland. Next is availability. There are many tobacconists selling it, but not nearly as many as you would think given its strong European following. Of those selling plug, I only found Peterson, James Fox and the Pipe Divan willing to ship to the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.