PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

loborx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 20, 2011
Anybody have information on the shortage/supply of Middleton's Walnut Pipe Tobacco? I placed an order and was informed that this was on back order and a delivery date couldn't be determined. I checked several sites and it is pretty much Out of Stock wherever I look. Plenty of Prince Albert but no Walnut. Where's Walnut? :puffy:

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I don't have any specific information for you about Walnut, but I can speculate that a lot of these shortages are exclusively the blame of this forum. If you see a thread raving about a blend that you want to try, order it...STAT.
(Says the guy running out of Black House, waiting for his backorder to come in... :wink: )

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Agreed with ghost. Everytime I catch a tobacco review here my TAD flairs up. And of course I dont want to pay the shipping. As soon as I get a list its gone. Like the man said, order it stat!!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
A codger blend on backorder? Truly amazing. In a way it's nice to see the old blends getting popular again. So many have disappeared over the years that maybe there's hope for those that remain.

loborx

Apr 20, 2011
Thanks, guys. I figured it was something along those lines. I guess it's a good problem to have that these old blends got a new lease on life thanks to the Internet. I'll just sit tight and hope for the best. :puffy:

loborx

Apr 20, 2011
Thanks again. I checked JR's site and it looks like it's available. Nice deal on the shipping too! :puffy:

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
JR has 12 oz tin in stock. I'm not familiar with this blend so I'm not sure if the pricing is good or not compared to other places.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I can't seem to find Sugar Barrel at its usual haunts, either.
Both being "underappreciated" Middleton products, I worry about their longevity as a brand when I see them out of stock for an extended period of time. Their discontinuation seems like a real possibility if they are MIA for long.
(I note that wvsmokeshop does have both of them in stock, but I am referring to the fact that they are not being replenished right away at other vendors; maybe wv has a large stockpile of those tubs)

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Dang it, don't mention Sugar Barrel! Now everyone is going to swarm all over it. :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.