PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sunriseboy

Have sent three emails to the Contact Us thing but there's no reply. I want to adjust stuff on my account but am unable to do it.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Sorry about that. I get about 100 emails a day, literally. Sometimes I get a little busy, and knowing that there are "sticky" threads with the answers to the question, I then hope and pray that these threads with the answers will eventually be seen. Alas, the huge irony of sticky threads is that they are ignored.
No offense, and nothing personal. What I'm going to do to improve this situation going forward is to add a note to the contact form page about common questions having answers posted in the sticky threads.
Welcome to the Pipes Magazine Forums.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
here-i-is.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Have sent three emails to the Contact Us thing but there's no reply. I want to adjust stuff on my account but am unable to do it.
Without being too nosy, what can we users adjust on our accounts??

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Here is the answer he was looking for that is one of the sticky posts.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/avatars-in-the-forum-and-website-updated-2015
Don't tell Harris I answered with a link.

S

sunriseboy

Thanks for all of that guys. And yes Kevin, emails are sometimes very irritating and time consuming. And I only get one or two a day!!! So thanks for replying, I do understand.
R.

Hey, Sunrise. I just sent you a PM. Hopefully you can get it, because it answers your question on how to access the PMs, ha ha. If not, go to the main forum page, look in the upper right hand corner, and click on the link under where it says "Private Messages." It should say that you have at least "1 Message." The link is in the quotation marks.

S

sunriseboy

Yeah, it's a bit weird, because I can see all the messages I've sent and received via that link, but in my "Message" box there's zero messages to be seen.
And JPMCWR, I wanted to add an avatar but it seems well beyond my grasp. And avatar is visible on my profile page but it doesn't show on any posts I make,

S

sunriseboy

Okaaaaaaaay, the penny has finally dropped. I discovered the screen size was at 125% and there were bits I couldn't see. Set it to 90% ans solved the issue. Phew, this tek stuff puts me in overload mode, pronto!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Okaaaaaaaay, the penny has finally dropped. I discovered the screen size was at 125% and there were bits I couldn't see. Set it to 90% ans solved the issue. Phew, this tek stuff puts me in overload mode, pronto!
Don't fell bad brother. I did the exact same thing many moons ago and thought "what a bunch of pricks " because no one ever replied to my pms. OOPs.... :oops:

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
LINK ALERT!
LINK ALERT!
I had to ask the same question a week or so ago. I couldn't figure out how to change my avatar. Computers make me craz(y)(ier).
Thanks again Kevin for the forum playground.
Oh, I think he is just to the right of the guy in the red shirt jacket in the pic above... 8O

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Even Kevin is throwing around links. Damn, guess I need to join the club.

https://youtu.be/4gO7uemm6Yo

Status
Not open for further replies.