PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Just a little question for all my friends.

Who remembers where they were and what they were doing 12 years ago today when the 9/11 Attack took place?
I will start this out. I was on a roof in Hudson,WI doing a roof repair for Lester Buildings, when the horrible news was told to me by my foreman.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I was in school, the second grade to be exact. My dad pulled me out of school. I remember he took me to the gas station to get a snack, and everyone looked really worried. I didn't know why though. He then told me what happened on the car ride home.

metalmilitia

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2013
I was a junior in high school in second period Spanish class and the teacher heard the news and pulled a tv into the room to follow what was going on. I don't think any of my classes taught anything that day. We all kind of just say quietly and watched what was unfolding.

chervokas

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2013
I was standing on Madison Avenue having just gotten off the last commuter train into NYC before they shut 'em down, looking south at smoking billowing from the first building hit.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I was at home (Boise, Idaho area), getting ready for work and eating breakfast. I turned on the TV right after the first tower was hit. At that time they (Fox News) speculated that it was an accidental plane collision. I was about to take a bite and witnessed the second plane smacking the second tower... a sad day.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
I was working as a bank teller in a tiny town at the main branch. One of the management team came out to the lobby and told us what was going on. One of the other tellers found a radio and we listened.
I had just found out a couple of weeks prior that I was pregnant with my son. I remember being terrified not only for my fellow countrymen, but also for my unborn child and what kind of world may await him upon his arrival.
:cry:

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
I was just arriving at work, building computers. One of the other builders, a private pilot, looked at my monitor and said "Severe clear sky. Not an accident."
He was right. No computers got built that day.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
Ironically, I was on my way to an anti-terrorism/chemical/biological/nuclear meeting at the police station in my city when I heard the news.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I was sitting in my office in White Plains watching the smoke off in the distance trying to figure out where the fire was when someone walked in and said a plane crashed into the twin towers.

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I was in the 8th grade. The other 8th grade class found out first, my teacher was pulled into the hall and told, she came back in tears and said we all needed to go into the oter room. They told us, and we watched the news for the rest of the day. We were also told to be careful how much we said around te younger kids (I went to a K-8). It was a pretty scary day.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Renton Boeing Plant under lock-down.
When we first heard, the messages were mixed. We all knew that there was a crash into a building involving a Boeing commercial jet, but we thought it was pilot error until the second plane. Everyone was so angry that our planes had been used by worthless human-waste to kill innocent people.

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
I was in elementary school second or third I don't remember, but I do remember the teachers and staff freaking out and the rest of us kids just wondering what was happening.

~Ron

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I had a late night working on a case at the firm, so I was still getting ready for work when my mom called me right after I got out of the shower. I turned on the TV and saw the second plane hit live. I was just dumbfounded and sat on the couch dripping wet.

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Same as flyguy, woke up to the news of the first plane. Remember clear as day thinking it was a Cessna and how did they not see the tower? Turned on the TV and watched the second plane hit. Went to work at Applebees a few hours later and we all just sat in the bar section watching the news.
Was a very sad day, and truly cannot understand how we have gotten to the point we are at. Our own President refusing to give a moment of silence for the loss of our countrymen so he can spout lies.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
A Flashbulb memory is what this is called.
I was at home initially and saw it on the CNN. I then went into work - I worked at Dell in the enterprise support department so we only supported large businesses. They had pulled a TV out for the support department to watch and the entire call center was dead. It was a bit surreal, that when it happened a call center that was used to getting 1000s of calls an hour goes dead, no phone calls, no nothing. Every single person was glued to their TVs. I want to say that Dell actually sent a bunch of people home, and the same for the next day.
Also when it happened we had some of our agents actually on the line with a couple people in the towers - they said something along the lines of "I gotta go, we're being evacuated I'll call back later about the computer."

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I was at work teaching group keyboard lessons when my wife called to tell me what happened. Strangely enough, this was the second time I had worked for this company with about 10 years in-between tenures, and the first time I was working and was called by my wife about the Challenger disaster..
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.