PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
My normal smokes are sitting out on my deck. I certainly can't smoke inside the house. Maybe the garage with a door open - but that's gonna get pretty cold too. I'm in Indiana and there's almost nowhere left you can smoke inside. The few tobacco shops with lounges are really geared toward cigars, and the assumption is you've just bought a $12 stick from them if you're gonna sit there and smoke.
I'm curious what people in cooler/cold winter climates do.

i8ball

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2014
let me tell you from a Minnesotan if you cant smoke inside like me it gets hard i will smoke in my car after work on my way home, but its just not the same as sitting down or going for a walk. I tend just to bundle up and smoke outside were it is cold as shit mind my wording but when it gets down below 0 it can really suck some days.

i8ball

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2014
if i had extra coin i would be buying my own house right now tell then apt rules apply to me.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Sit by an open window with a small fan blowing out. I smoke inside, but only while taking a shower with a shit load of matches.

i8ball

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2014
not a bad ideal just got make sure my roommate is fine with that cant see why since he is a cigarate smoker thanks phil

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Alaskans go to Hawaii now and then when it gets to be winter. :nana: I don't, I can still handle it. As I get older my tolerance lowers though.
A patio heater on the deck may help unless you get a wind or it really gets cold. Before my wife died, I used to smoke my really acrid blends in my truck. Only happened now then, maybe a couple times a week. Now, sadly I can smoke any blend I want in the house.
You have my sympathies as your winters can get brutal.
As an aside: Are they manufacturing computer keyboards without the shift key now? What happened to sentence structure? Is the period key out of reach? Lack of punctuation really makes it tough to find the meaning in some of these messages.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
During the winter my smoking is greatly reduced unless I feel like braving the low temps. Otherwise I smoke in my car while driving to/from work. Take a trip to the B&M/cigar bar/lounge or if I get lucky my friends mom will have card game night and she always lets us smoke in the house after a few drinks.

i8ball

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2014
@warren if the shift key part was said to me they still make them but type for me is harder i suffer from a bike crash last year with head injurys which make simple things like reading hard to do. sorry if my typing gets long or confusing.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
i8ball: My apologies to you! I do hope your long term prognosis is positive.
I wasn't singling you out and, on further thought, I should have started my wee rant as a new thread. And I will gladly spend a bit more time determining the intent messages. Your questions are thoughtful and your input most valid.

i8ball

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2014
thank you smoking my pipe seems to help it calms me down and relaxes me plus i meet new friends everyday. my progress has come a long way in my short time thanks for the hope.

natenice1

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2014
Car is the only place if you're an apt. dweller. From NY winters can get pretty rough here too!

portalhq

Lurker
Aug 22, 2014
I'm going to smoke in the garage this winter. I need the shelter from the winter winds. I expect this will reduce my smoking.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Warren,
Are you in Talkeetna? I know there are lots of photographers & outfitters work from there. I'd like to correspond with you about your state.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Here in upstate NY, a warm winter day is 0 degrees. I'll bundle up and use the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.