Where to Order American Tobacco from Europe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2017
Are there any European online tobacco retailers that sell Cornell & Diehl, GL Pease, McClelland, etc? I was just it with a massive custom's fee importing a few tins from America and I'll never do that again. It is easy getting Dunhill, Ratray, Gawith, Solani, etc. when in Europe, but the American blends seem almost unattainable.
Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization.

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
As already said above - Synjeco is the only option for US tobaccos in EU.

Actually there are some UK folks that import/resell quite large portfolio of US blends but you need to order at least a kilogram.

https://www.tobaccoonline.co.uk/Pipe-Tobacco/G.-L.-Pease/

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Interesting, will keep this in mind,nonetheless it may be advisable to mention, Switzerland is not European Union member country and this lead to a fact that all merchandise exceeding the total value of 30-35 usd and when entering the EU market zone is subject to additional Vat upon arrival.the amount of added sales taxes vary from country to country at %8 up to % 26

Oct 16, 2017
Thanks a lot guys. The Hungarian government nationalized the sale of tobacco, essentially giving the government all of the profits and regulating it accordingly. So anything coming in from a non-EU country will be taxed extremely high. I ordered just 5 tins from smokingpipes.com, and the shipping tax was $100. Outrageous.
The government is very corrupt indeed, especially when it is impossible to find quality tobacco here, unless you like Borkum Riff and the awful hungarian blends.

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
Thanks a lot guys. The Hungarian government nationalized the sale of tobacco, essentially giving the government all of the profits and regulating it accordingly. So anything coming in from a non-EU country will be taxed extremely high. I ordered just 5 tins from smokingpipes.com, and the shipping tax was $100. Outrageous.
The government is very corrupt indeed, especially when it is impossible to find quality tobacco here, unless you like Borkum Riff and the awful hungarian blends.
Try sourcing tobacco from Romania or Czech Republic - EU brands only though (Gawith, Peterson, Dunhill, MacBarren)
Interesting, will keep this in mind,nonetheless it may be advisable to mention, Switzerland is not European Union member country and this lead to a fact that all merchandise exceeding the total value of 30-35 usd and when entering the EU market zone is subject to additional Vat upon arrival.the amount of added sales taxes vary from country to country at %8 up to % 26
Not really sure about that Paulie. I think you can order it from Synjeco and it will be shipped to you without extra taxes - works for some/most EU countries.

Try asking Daniel (Synjeco) directly.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
wilhelmjoharsanyi I feel for you. Finding good pipe tobacco in Hungary is very difficult, I have searched and searched, and hardly found anything.
admiral, thank you for this brittish site, will definetly give it a go in the near future.
Frankly ... I am very curious to smoke two american classics - although controversially reviewed, carter hall and prince albert. Any clue where I can get that? Not huge on aromatics, but these two are so talked about, that I need to try them at least once ..

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Thank you Admiral, I will check em out,yes they will dispatch parcels with no additional taxes,but another question is when the parcel reaches the destination country and being from outside of the european union commerical zone(non Eu country)such as

Andorra/Switcherland,Luxenbourg there are possibility you may nee to pay sales Tax ,this happened to me once when I had me a watch sended from Switcherland,

Madox:the best choice I'd like to suggest you is to order a pack of Carter Hall(good Baccy for the money btw)with smokingpipes,com and have them send it in an envelope using the UPS supersaver shipping option for only $ 2,50, based on my experience if you will keep your order goods at minimum its very unlikely that customs authorities starts bothering unless you are receiving them each another day.Furthermore bear in mind that this UPS supersaver option is turtle slow as well,since may take up to a month before You getting your goods- they go through a hub in Sweitzerland where gets relabeled and shipped again to addressant,Hope this helped, Best Greets, Paul

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Have you fella's tried Stan "mctinner1" here on the forum? He ships world wide an seems to know all the tricks about shipping. Hope he can help.

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
@Paulie - yeah, this is what one has to be careful (despite Switzerland is somehow in EU trading union, but not really :) )

I usually have tobacco from there brought by hand (friends travelling), but some guys from my pipe club order directly and get their parcels directly to the post without anything to pay.
@Madox - +1 on what Paulie said, reasonably small tobacco packets tend to come without issues (passing Switzerland) directly to your local post. In my case usually takes anywhere between 2 to 4 weeks. Rarely takes longer.
@Scrooge - sorry for my ignorance but i have to ask, is mctinner1 re-shipping for a fee for smokers outside US or selling tobacco by himself or just very experienced with all kinds of shipping :) ?

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Adimiral;Yes that was what I meant, outside of Eu orders whether its coming from privat person or business seller reasonably small amounts and you're on safer side, and as far as I know Mr McTinner is acting solely for his own interest as he may please and not reshipping /reselling

my Best Greets, Paul

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
He sells an ships from his home I believe. Big selection. PM him an he'll send you a list of what he has. Just about every body here has bought from Stan at one time or another.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I have also noticed the Gauntley of Nottingham England say they are the sole importer of GL Pease to Uk.

Although out of stock at the moment
https://cigars.gauntleys.com/uk/tobacco/producer/gl-pease

Status
Not open for further replies.