PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
How will Standard Tobacco of Pennsylvania become available? Will it be sold online? Which websites? Will it be sold in tins or bulk? Will there be plenty available or will it become hard to get right away?
And...the $64,000 question: Will it be sold in special "first edition" tins that I can sell on e-bay for $500?

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
LOL. My guess is that it Pipes&Cigars will be distributing it, since Russ Oullette has been key to developing the products.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I believe you will have to go to one of the principal's home, stand at the front door, hat in hand, scuffing the dirt with your foot, keeping your eyes reverently on the ground and beg, "Please, kind sir, could I have some Slices or War Horse?"
Speaking of bags, it will help to have one or two stuffed with $20s.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
All of the blends will be available on Dec. 1, 2015. They're still working out the pre-ordering details for those shops wishing to carry the line. The blends will be officially introduced at the Las Vegas Pipe Show.

I also learned last night that War Horse Plug is moving ahead and should be available earlier than anticipated. Possibly a first quarter release.

The tin art for the blends is on the Standard Tobacco Facebook page.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I do not "Facebook" but I did visit the company's homepage. Impressive! Our intrepid trio is paying incredible attention to detail. What I was allowed access to on "Facebook" looked interesting and informative.
These guys may have success in spite of themselves! Their ordeal has been fascinating and certainly inspiring.
Great news regarding the plug. I finally grasp the irony of selling "War Horse" as a plug.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
Well, I just contacted Tobaccopipes.com and quote "It will not be something we carry right away." So I'm going to try pipesandcigars next to see if they plan to carry it.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
We will definitely be carrying all of them as soon as they're ready. Our wholesale division will make them available to any retailer that is interested in carrying them.
Russ

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Being outside the USA,I'm sincerely hoping to be able to obtain them at all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.