PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashsash

Lurker
Jan 23, 2018
Austria
Hello,
i am currently looking for an old/vintage swiss made pipe. Or are they called mountain pipes? I think the company which made them was called B.B.K. or Bru-Bu. I searched a lot online but was not able to find any auctions or sales. Do you have a clue where to look?
kind regards
cashsash

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Don't know that one. Was recently gifted with an Austrian made pipe, a Kemberling, with a 9mm filter, a nicely designed and finished pipe, a bent Rhodesian with an impressively large bowl and pleasantly light weight. Sorry I don't know your Swiss pipe. Welcome aboard. You might want to capitalize your titles or you will be "advised" about it, just initial caps.

cashsash

Lurker
Jan 23, 2018
Austria
Thank you for that tipp mso489, i will use it from now on.

Also thank you for that response, i guess i will have to be lucky to find that pipe.

cashsash

Lurker
Jan 23, 2018
Austria
btw, the pipe i am looking for should be similar to this one:

https://www.google.at/search?q=swiss+made+pipes+b+b+k&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil5dDaje_YAhWDIMAKHeIcDrMQ_AUICigB&biw=1842&bih=856#imgrc=oyQP_svHvfzb4M:
Edit: this is a link to a Google search for Swiss made Pipes, not a picture, so I removed the image formatting/ Al
I'm moving this to Pipes discussion

doctorbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Grand Ledge, Michigan
Your picture doesn't show for me. I have a BBK billiard with silver (probably plate) mountings and lid, it also has little cows and starburst designs hammered onto the bowl. Smokes ok, have never seen another.
Doc

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
This one?
bbk2.jpg

cashsash

Lurker
Jan 23, 2018
Austria
Thats not a simple question. I prefer half/bent pipes over straight ones, but i don't want to sound too picky. I would say it depends on the look. If it appeals to me i may take a billiard. In this case i think i have to go with what i can get. Do you know where i can look for it?
Cashsash

cashsash

Lurker
Jan 23, 2018
Austria
I just found a swiss distributor who sells this kind of pipes:
SSS-Tabak
but where do i get used, old/vintage ones? i literally searched the whole internet the last days:)

piffyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2015
but where do i get used, old/vintage ones? i literally searched the whole internet the last days:)

Estate BBK pipes show up on eBay on a fairly regular basis. Just keep a watch out until you find one. I know a gent that bought one just last week.

dmitche3

Lurker
Jul 1, 2019
I might have one that you are interested in. I'm new to the site and can't post an advertisement but my avatar is a picture of one pipe. BBK was from about 1851? to 1883? I believe is what I've read. Can't remember exactly.

pipingup

Lurker
Aug 7, 2019
Hello all, my first post. I am pleased to have found this thread as I spotted a wonderfully rustic Swiss BBK pipe bowel on ebay.fr today and bought it. I since find that they can be real collectors items. I’m lucky in that there is a vintage pipe shop and repair workshop very close to us at Palais Royal, Paris, I’m sure that I will find the right stem parts for it there.

If I knew how to add a photograph of it I would.

pipingup

Lurker
Aug 7, 2019
I have two, one clearly made for an alpine farmer that came as the bowl only and another with a chamois on the front. I bought this for it’s original stem in order to transplant it. however, I have found an even better stem. And leave the 2nd

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Specify BBK when you do your search on eBay, then "save" that search. You will then be notified when a BBK pipe is listed. Saves you the work. I do have one of their pipes. IMO it was just an average pipe, not a collector pipe. I wouldn't buy it if I could it over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.