Where to Hunt When You Can't Find the Pipe You Want?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I am hoping you guys can help me out. I have been looking for a Pipe of the Year (POY) from 2012. I have been wanting one because 2012 was they ear my first son was born and I want a pipe that I can hand down to him that wasn't just another pipe in the collection. I have recently become enamored with the Chacom brand and have decided that I really like their POYs. I have discovered that finding their POYs is a tad difficult. I have hit all the sponsors here and only found some from 2011 and 2013. This is even more funny when I also would like to find a Chacom POY 2010. So if anyone can list some estate sites they frequent I would appreciate it. I keep a list of most of the good estate sites people have listed here but there may have been some I missed. Any help is appreciated. Will take any I can find but would prefer model 900 in the links below.
Chacom 2012 Pipe of the Year
Chacom 2010 Pipe of the Year

May 31, 2012
...here's a couple from France, quite pricey!
http://www.les-gemeaux-nantes.com/pipes-chacom/173-pipe-de-l-annee-2012-chacom-s300.html
http://www.pipe.fr/boutique_us/fiche_produit.cfm?ref=pipe-de-l-annee-2012-claire&type=62&code_lg=lg_us

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I'd check eBay
I work in front of a computer and check eBay almost as often as I check this site. I also have saved searches with email notifications.
here's a couple from France, quite pricey!
Thanks mister. This is along the lines of what I am looking for, though as you have pointed out it is quite expensive. Much more so then the if it were a US dealer. Know any other European Pipe dealers?

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Cool! I have been doing the same with my sons born 2006,2009,2012. Dont know about the pipe you are looking for exactly but may I suggest Peterson's POY. Have seen some of those around. Or Savinelli's, or even Christmas pipes. The Christmas pipes have the year on them also. Also Boswell pipes, they put the year on. And last suggestion maybe get them some year pipe tobacco also. Christmas cheer is a great one that would age awesome for when he is old enough. Congrats on your cild as well. :clap:

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
You might want to call Iwan Ries in IL and ask them if they can get the pipe for you. They carry the brand you want but I did not see it on the website. They carry thousands of pipes so they might have it in stock and just not shown on the Internet.
I hope you can find the pipe as it will make an excellent gift for your son in the future.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
flmason...Before I posted this I did actually call Iwan Ries. They do have a Chacom POY but from 2011 and are not sure they could get a 2012.
rothnh...thanks to your info I contacted a European vendor and they confirmed they would refund the VAT. I wasn't aware of this.
I have actually contacted the current Chacom US distributor and was informed that they would not have any POYs before the 2013 model due to the timing of their purchase of the distribution rights. I tried to contact the previous distributor but they are either out of business or do not talk to non-retail people.
I guess a Chacom Model 900 2012 POY is on the White Whale list. In the mean time I ordered the pipe in link below from smokingpipes.com this morning. They just put it on their site this week.
Chacom Model 900 2013 Pipe of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.