PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonameface13

Lurker
Aug 20, 2017
I did a google search and found Paykoc Imports... are they reputable? Where else?
Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I bought my Straumbach new from a fellow on eBay. It's a simply incredible pipe. Here's a link from the same seller:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Straight-Amber-Handmade-Premium-MEERSCHAUM-pipe-by-STRAMBACH-Austria-bauer-NEW-/262226041137?hash=item3d0de3d931:g:iPcAAOSwqu9VOeXS

mrmotoyoshi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
Motoyoshi, Japan
The late Fred Bass wrote some excellent articles on this site. If you search his name and meerschaum on google you'll find a lot of insight about the material and how to come about some deals with reputable carvers.
I would also recommend smokingpipes.com and their Turkish estates section. You can get used pipes at a great deal and won't have to worry about babying it.

forloveoffreedom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 29, 2013
I just scored an Altinok off r/pipetobaccomarket and I love it. Look around and don't settle for a cheapo. If you want a cheap one I have a Weber for $30 that you will sell when you find a decent one lol.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
There are numerous meerschaum carvers and sites out there. Some carvers have their own website while others just sell on ebay. As for meerschaum retailers online there is: Meerschaum Market, Meerschaum Depot, MeerQueen, Meerschaum Store, Royal Meerschaum Pipes, Paykoc, Altinok, Altinay, Strambach etc. Different retailers use different carvers. They range from the up and coming carvers to master carvers. The different retailers also have different quality meerschaum that the pipes are carved from. Some master carvers are: Sadik Yanik, Tekin Uzkesici, Ismat Bekler (CAO), H. Yavuz, I. Baglan, Fikri Baki, Servi, Huseyin Cor, E. Turkan, and many more.

Status
Not open for further replies.