Tags:  No tags yet. 

Where to Buy a Meerschaum?

(13 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by easterntraveler
  • Latest reply from treebarksap
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

easterntraveler

Login to Send PM

I have 2 meerschaum that I bought on my deployment in Iraq. However I would like to get another one. Anyone know where a good place to buy one is? (Specific Websites)

Because straight is the gate and narrow is the way which leadeth unto life and few be there that find it.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. bootlegbonvivant

bootlegbonvivant

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Cannot go wrong with Altinok
    , IMO

Great service, and a great quality pipe.

Southerners don't talk slow because they're dumb, we do it because there's really no rush.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Storient (who made over 100 Storient PM 2012 pipes for members here): http://meerschaumpipe.us/

Fikri Baki arguably one of, if not the best meerschaum pipemaker: http://bestmeerschaums.homestead.com/bakipipes.html

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. foggymountain

foggymountain

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I suggest smokingpipes.com.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. jerry

jerry

Login to Send PM

Smokingpipes.com often has some terrific deals on estate meers, as well as IMP Meerschaums, which are generally excellent. If your budget allows, pipes carved by F. Baki are, in my opinion, worth the coin - http://bestmeerschaums.homestead.com/bakipipes.html

Altinok is also a good source for quality meers.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

You can always try ebay. Sometimes you can really strike gold. I got this sucker for $41 shipped.I consider it the crown jewel of my collection. Aside for cleaning the stem, all I had to do was remove the cake inside.

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. lankfordjl

lankfordjl

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've ordered meers directly from Turkey twice. It can take a very long time. One pipe took 4 months to get here. If I order again I'll order from a supplier in the US who has pipes on hand.

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." -Mark Twain-
    "A pipe helps a wise man to think and gives a fool something to put in his mouth" -Trischman's Paradox-
    "Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim;...but I discipline my body and make it my slave." -1Cor 9-
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. bentmike

bentmike

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Smokingpipes.com gets my vote. Several makers to chose from for sale at one website.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. ghost

ghost

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

4noggins has Storient pipes now.

Matt.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  10. poligerard

poligerard

Login to Send PM

just check this before buying a meerschaum pipe from turkey especially from the altinok mentioned above :

http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/general-pipe-forum/305936-terrible-experience-altinok-pipes.html

I 'd stick with smokingpipes.com,pipesandcigars.com,4noggins.com etc. - Those companies are serious ones and would not sell you meerschaum pipes other than greatest quality.They have meerschaum experts working for them and they require the finest engineering.

Also 'best meerschaums' is located in usa and they would provide you great pipes too.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Storient always seems to have a lot of stock on hand and ready to ship. I've had my eye on one of their pipes but just can't pull the trigger at this point. Love that Stanwell 11 shaped meer!

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. jtaggie320

John

Login to Send PM

Storient is the way to go if you're looking for a new Meer

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. treebarksap

treebarksap

Login to Send PM

I'd go with meerschaum market and pick up a Baglan pipe: http://www.meerschaummarket.com/servlet/the-MASTER-CARVERS-cln-I.-BAGLAN-PIPES/Categories

My experience with them was great, and one I got by Baglan is by far the best smoker I've got (including some once cherished Dunhills).

Storient is ok, and there's a few people here devoted to them. My experience with them was pretty mediocre, which is why I recommend meerschaum market, but some other's have had success there, so you might too. My advice: Buy a ready made pipe or better yet, pick up one of those pieces by Baglan and you'll be glad you did!

Either way, you'll get a good smoker from these two options.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   huntertrw, cosmicfolklore, darthcider, robski, tombraider, hierophant, daimyo, lestrout, dixie, rsuninv, andystewart, generalzod, pnasmith, peteguy, pitchfork