PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Hey guys I just wanted to do a post about why I haven't been on here recently. When I was getting back into pipes a few months ago I joined a website, pipechat.info, and really hit it off with the guys over there. I meet up with them about once a month and hangout and smoke pipes and it has been great. Well, some of their members told me about Cigar Bid, the ebay-esque cigar auction site, and it was like giving crack to an addict. I snatched up close to 350 cigars and even made a coolidor to hold them all. Now this is not to say that I don't enjoy my pipes. I just have bounced back to cigars for a while and will bounce back to pipes in the future. I will still try and post on here but I haven't had time with life getting pretty crazy recently and then with the recent cigar relapse. Anyways, just wanted to say where I have been and hopefully that I am back and I can't wait to meet some of you newer guys that I see around now.
Best regards,

W. Allbright
Also, for those of you who PM'd me while I was gone I just sent out replies today so please check your messages if you sent me one from before.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Traitor!
Just kidding :D , you'll soon realize that once you smoked a cigar, it is gone...but when you smoke a pipe the pipe will still remain. :)

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
Tobacco is the work of the devil. You should quit cigars right now and come back to your... oh, wait a minute. Never mind. :oops:
Simon

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
W Allbright - which sticks have you been acquiring?
I don't know if they are all on here but here is a list of some.
Cain Nub 460 MADURO 5 pack

Nub 466 Habano 5 pack

Gurkha 5-Star #2 Sampler 5 pack

Nub 358 Habano 2 Singles

Oliveros Classic Cor. Grande Box of 25

Rex Britannia Ruffians (4x40) Brick of 40

Dominican Estates Toro NAT Bundle 20

La Vieja Hab. CAM Rothschild Luxo Box of 20

Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Robusto Box of 25

Gurkha Regent Torpedo 5 pack

Gurkha Empire IV 5 pack

Gurkha Signature 101 MAD Robusto #4 5 pack

La Aurora 1495 Series Corona #4 5 pack

Gurkha Legend Robusto 5 pack

Hesitant Pirate Churchill 5 pack

Flor Del Todo #4 Especial 5 pack

Oliveros Classic Torpedo 2-5 packs

5 Vegas Classic Double Corona 5 pack

CI Legends: Perdomo (RED) 5 pack

Slow-Aged 826 Churchill natural 5 pack

Carinos Robusto Maduro 5 pack

5 Vegas Series 'A' Apex Box Pressed Box of 20

Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Toro Maduro Box of 25

Gispert Churchill Natural Box of 25
(I think that is only 282? Idk I have lost count past this lol)
Do you want to trade your pipe stuff for cigars
I am not currently looking to trade pipes and/or tobacco at the moment for cigars. I will be posting up some pipes though when I have some more time on my hands to take pictures. Most of them have not been restored yet but I will start on that process soon if noone buys them in the condition they are in now. I will let you know though if I want to trade for cigars. I have been thinking about trading some of my tins for cigars but don't know if I will.
*Edit* The number of cigars all line up on here when I am editing but when I go to publish it they go back out of whack. I guess its just the settings on the forum?

jlee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2011
Denver
W Allbright - hmmm... not any sticks I'm dying to try. Not that I would mind - just none from my own list. Cigars, like pipe tobacco, are really in a great place for quality and diversity right now. I hope you enjoy the sampling. What was the impetus for the particular choices you made?

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
I also picked up:
(2) The Nub Club Habano Samplers 8 pack

(1) 777 by Jesus Fuego Corona box of 21

(1) Gran Habano Triple Robusto 5 pack

(1) Perdomo 10th Epicure Sampler
I guess the reason I am buying cigars again is because my tobacco smoking all started with cigars. I started smoking cigars the day I turned 18 with my father. It was truly a great experience. The very next week I was on a trip in Guatemala and decided to try some Cuban cigars. I instantly fell in love with cigars at that point. I continued to smoke cigars and bought a humidor to store them in. I eventually decided that paying $6-$15 a smoke, I liked a wide variety of cigars, was too expensive so this summer I switched to pipes. I then heard about the cigar auction sites through my new found pipe friends and I have been on a cigar buying craze recently.
The cigar buying also stems from the fact that in the past 4 months I have had close to 4.5 pounds of pipe tobacco gifted to me. I was just about to buy some more pipe tobacco when I got all of this so I have had an itchy trigger finger for a while. I am pretty much set as far as pipe tobacco goes and now I am set as far as cigars go.
Furthermore, I believe that given the recent tax increases on tobacco that the prices are only going to go up. I am deciding to stock up now while I am single so that next year when I am married my wife won't complain about all of the cigars I bought with OUR money haha. My girlfriend hates all things tobacco and thinks that I am going to die from them so I am stocking up now when I can sneak boxes in and pay for it with my money, rather than wait until we are married and she sees all of the incoming mail. Maybe I am just being a weirdo but it makes more sense to me to stock up now. I hope this very long message answers your question without going on too big of a rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.