PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
He had a flood in his place due to a leaking aquarium a few weeks back.
Most likely, he's been dealing with that situation:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/my-personal-great-flood
Send him a PM and see how it's going! :puffy:

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
I'll email him as well. Nate, you are missed and we hope all is well
J/B

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Nate just ordered some tobacco tins from my website and said that he was doing well and back in action after the flooding when his aquarium broke. He said he was busy tying up loose ends and dealing with a few other things that he was about to wrap up. So, I suspect we'll be hearing from him again soon.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I hope iam rescued his fish. Fish owners can get pretty close to their coldblooded friends. The trick is, even with fresh water fish of the most durable species, you can't just throw them in tap water anymore. The water quality isn't what it was when I did that as a child, and the fish thrived anyway. Now you may as well throw them in a bowl of vinegar. They're belly up in minutes, in some cases, depending on the water supply. With tropical fish, you have to prep the water anyway. But I haven't kept fish in many, many years. All my creature friends are four-legged or visit bird feeders.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I am soooooo sorry for disappearing!!!! My salt water aquarium flood set off a series of events which, with my bad back, has made things busy and difficult. My aquarium flood was the last straw. I've decided that the chapter of my life which had me living in a loft has come to an end. Cleaning my loft from the flood... My loft is 700sqft, small. Imagine 130gallons of salt water in such a small space. I had no emotional fish connection, but the amount of damage the flood did was absolute. It destroyed my place along with the poor couple living beneath me.

I have been cleaning, packing, preparing to sell the loft, finding a new home, and all associated activities that come with such things.
It's 3am now and I've been up packing all night. Movers arrive at noon and I still need to go rent a storage unit. I'm frazzled n fried now, but feel awful for abandoning after Easterntraveller gave me an awesome tin of tobacco so that I could test his aging/sealing techniques. I feel awful, but sometimes life gets in the way

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
No worries Bro. Shit happens and I completly understand. Just glad to hear your getting things taken care of.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Yeah aquariums are great stress relievers hey? Lol. Yeah I had a 75 gallon that started leaking in an apartment that I wasn't supposed to have any animals in. Of course I played the really stupid "oh I thought you meant no dogs/cats", in the end I lost my damage deposit and had to pay 250$ damage for the suite below. I just have a 35 gallon in my house now I live in, but I know in the future if I move I'll end up with a huge tank. I've kept aquariums since I was a kid. Once you get into the big ones it's terrifying to read about all the factors that will contribute to a leak, like everything has to be exactly level etc.... I guess if one day I can put a big tank in a basement I'll do it. But yeah I always laugh when people think aquariums are good stress relievers. So many variables happening, and I've never even touched the saltwater because of the extra variables over freshwater.

Status
Not open for further replies.