PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisg5lf

Lurker
Jan 11, 2014
So I took up pipe smoking a few months ago and loved every minute of it. However, since taking up this hobby, my asthma has just kick my A$$!. No I do not inhale, but just being around the smoke irritates and causes a ruckus in my lungs. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to quit. I know I'm not allowed to post here because i do not have enough posts, nor am I premium member. Do you guys have any idea where I can sell my pipes and tobacco?

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Most other pipe forums would allow you to sell your tobacco, as for the pipes, Ebay works.

chrisg5lf

Lurker
Jan 11, 2014
I have a David Jones poker, Baraccini Poker, Stanwell Brush bent egg, and an Edwards straight billiard. As for tobaccos I have Frog Morton, Orlik, Larry's Blend, Erinmore Flake, Nightcap, Squadron Leader, and some aromatics. I know I'm missing some but if you interested I can take a pic for you.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
Are you absolutely sure it's asthma? I've been told that nicotine actually suppresses asthma symptoms. When I quit cigarettes cold turkey back in 1982, within a month I had developed asthma, which I had never before experienced. The doc said, yeah, that happens sometimes, because of the nicotine suppression effect.
Maybe don't be so quick to give up your pipes and tobaccos.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I have had asthma for 62 years, still smoke pipe & cigars, don't inhale, quit cigs 8 years ago. Other stuff makes me sick.

Good luck.

chrisg5lf

Lurker
Jan 11, 2014
That's just it, I don't inhale at all. I've always had asthma, especially with smoke. I went in thinking because inhaling is not generally done, I would be fine. Looks like I was wrong.

Jan 8, 2013
Smokingpipes will give you half the value of each pipe in credit. You could always trade them all in for one really nice one and keep it around for special occasions.

chrisg5lf

Lurker
Jan 11, 2014
I never thought of the option to do that. Unfortunately it's already on eBay. :( I still have a few others that I'll keep and smoke here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.