When things go wrong....

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 week ago by The Pipe Monk
  • Latest reply from danimalia
  1. disinformatique

The Pipe Monk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Slept early last night, woke up to a wonderful morning in a long time at 5AM, I was like FINALLY I can have some Midnight Ride in the morning (I am more nocturnal). Freshened up, opened my main door for some fresh air. (Now I dont have a typical home where I live, I have a studio apartment. So the main door opens directly into the living room.) Snoozed another 60 minutes and when I woke up to my horror my mobile was gone from the desk, my Longines Heritage....gone !!

Followed all the procedures to block the SIM, called the cops, submitted online report with all the last tracking info etc.

Went to work at 8, had a nagging headache (throbbing temples), somehow finished work at 6 (Being Head of Department, I have to sometimes cover up for team members or fellow colleagues). Came back home, and voila my super expensive Bluetooth adapter croaks out !!

Its 8:55PM, im sitting here, naked, contemplating what to do next. Hmmm sounds like I'll be having 3-4 cans of super chilled beer (oh thats because I ran out of Single Malt and didnt bothered to stock up. In India you cant store over 5 litres of liquor at home) with some Biryani...............and FINALLY that 6AM Pipe 15 hrs after the fact.

Cheers,
    Chris

Albert Einstein was once quoted as saying, “I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” One of the reasons behind this statement is that pipe smoking is meant to be a slow leisurely activity. It takes patience to smoke a pipe. Unlike cigarettes and cigars, there is a certain amount of technique to smoking a pipe. Where cigars and cigarettes can just be picked up, lit and puffed on, pipes require the development of a technique in order to get the best smoking experience.
    Posted 1 week ago #
  2. alaskanpiper

alaskanpiper

Login to Send PM

At least there was beer and biryani (Hopefully Hyderabadi). Those are two things that certainly bring my spirits up. Sorry you had a wonky day, but without those we wouldn't appreciate the good ones as much

"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us." ---Hank

"Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man..." --- The Dude
    Posted 1 week ago #
  3. danimalia

danimalia

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yeah, that sounds like a shitty day. A nice biryani and a few (OK, a lot of) beers sounds like it will go a long way, though.

Posted 1 week ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   aquadoc, jchaplick, pianopuffer, armonts, bluegrassbrian, bnichols23, lestrout, cosmicfolklore, the85boro, carolinachurchwarden