PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
So, back in March, I had a nice little bit of money saved up. The plan was to find a meerschaum pipe and spend the balance on a bit of tobacco. Then I had to replace my hot water heater. Fast forward to early June. My "mad money" is approaching my goal again. My daughter needed glasses, easy come, easy go. Job issues suspended my savings until last week. Coming home from work this morning my car started making a horrible noise. I pulled over and found it's my clutch fan. No biggie. Went to pull out again, and my muffler decided not to follow. Lots of grey clouds, but I could REALLY use a silver lining.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Yeah that's a drag when "extra" money keeps being transitioned into emergency funds. You just need to get your priorities straight and realize that a good pipe and tobacco is more important than your daughters glasses or your car ;)

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Dustmite, I appreciate your discipline. I sometimes spend the money on tobacco or pipes when it really could be used in better places.The rainbow will come.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
That sucks I know the feeling. It is always something. But then the blessings come when you least expect them and make everything alright. Hope yours come soon.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Whenever I have problems, I always remind myself that no matter how bad they are, I'll have worse ones later.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Yeah man that blows... I've been in that boat for some time now, Its so bad at times that its a running joke between the wife and I as soon as we start to get ahead "Ok so what do you think will happen now?.. LOL" ... sometimes I sit and wonder what horrible things Ive done in my past lives to warrant all these mishaps... but then I realize, damn thats just life and life will kick you in the nuts every so often just to make sure your alive I guess LOL.
Anyways... just try and not let the stress get to you and keep plugging forward brother.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Thanks for the well wishes, they are much appreciated. I just needed to vent a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.