PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
This happens a lot to me when I open the website in the morning while members from the States are passing Latakia flavored gases in their 3rd sleep cycles and members from Europe are dreaming about fine white ash in their final REM cycle. Sometimes there are insomniacs or members who live in Asian countries. I feel like the first person entering to the bar that's going to get full in a few hours.
V71dbz1.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Time zones and flatulence, so that's what mods think about when they're alone.

I find it very hard to login knowing that there's no one else on the forum. Even on slow days during peak times, or if the conversation seems to be stuck on one ebay thread that I am not interested in, I will open a book or look for something else to do. Not that I need immediate responses to my posts, but just watching the topics wind up to 20 minutes between responses gets boring.
That's usually a great time to capitalize titles and re-file posts into proper categories. :puffy:

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
jv, where do you live?
In a small country called Azerbaijan. It is somewhere between Europe and Asia, the region is called Caucasia.
That's usually a great time to capitalize titles and re-file posts into proper categories. :puffy:
That's what I do Cosmic. Like organizing the chairs and tables in a bar :)

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
Well they are both next to Georgia. I guess that makes you neighbors.
I have a picture of the cave town of Uplistsikhe as my desktop background. The Azerbaijan/Georgia region is where I think civilization started.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Dude, I thought you are Armenian :)
Don't do that to any other Azerbaijani, you may get shot :lol:
No, I'm actually an Alabamian, but I do get that a lot. :puffy:
:rofl:
Well they are both next to Georgia. I guess that makes you neighbors.
Totally right, brightleaf. Here is the map:
southcaucasusmap.jpg

We are in a war with Armenia right now, so the border is closed.
The Azerbaijan/Georgia region is where I think civilization started.
Right, actually the term Caucasian originates from Caucasia region, also check this one:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azokh_Cave

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
Don't do that to any other Azerbaijani, you may get shot :lol:
I know mate :)

Living not that far away from there, makes me fully aware of the situation :)

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
Thanks for the Azokh Cave link, I never heard of the Republic of Artsakh before clicking it. We could say that the area is the origin of Caucasians anyway.
I was referring to the Country of Georgia being next to Azerbaijan, and also to the State of Georgia being next to Alabama. It was sort of a joke since State and Country are typically interchangeable words.

r4states.jpg

While not 300,000 years old, the State does have some ancient history of at least 1,000 years old.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etowah_Indian_Mounds

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Thanks for the Azokh Cave link, I never heard of the Republic of Artsakh before clicking it.
You are welcome. There isn't a republic called Artsakh, that's why you've never heard of it. The territory belonged to Azerbaijan and during the collapse of U.S.S.R. it was captured by Armenia (roughly 20% of Azerbaijan with the support of Russia). There is a dispute over the territory right now.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
@admiral, good to know. I had very good friends from Bulgaria, I even have a close friend working there in the embassy. She war praising Sofia.

Status
Not open for further replies.