PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
So I was checking from my URL list(as I type) on JF Germain's and SG. One site does have Esoterica..Sorry, you will need to look. They have 8oz - Dorchester, Dunbar, And So To Bed, Margate and Pembroke for $54.99. To me this broke the camel's back and I will pass on this. That's $19 more to what P&C sell's for ($35.99)...Good Luck Hunting

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
4noggins has Stonehaven in stock.

$75 for a 2oz tin and $225 for an 8oz bag??? Hahaha

https://www.4noggins.com/search.aspx?find=stonehaven

WTF?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Thankfully, I don't need any more of it, though I will make the occasional check for a friend in need. The 4noggins stuff is on consignment, so the price is set by the seller. Also, the bag is supposedly from 2014, so five years of aging, not that aging Stonehaven really improves it.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Those prices from King Smoking Pipes aren't that awful. Would be a bargain if there were Stonehaven and Penzance. When do you pass? When the price is higher than what the product is worth to you. Each individual has to make that decision.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I guess next year at this time, the price now will be cheap.
Who is to say? If pipe tobacco consumers vote with their wallet such that the product doesn't sell, the price will go down. As long as their are people out there who are willing to pay outlandish prices for Unicorns, the price will remain high or as you say, go up. That's the nature of Capitalism which I think is mostly a good thing.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
If they're above normal retail I pass, unless I'm at a Brick & Mortar shop and I'm supporting the business. Though I do have my limits there as well. There are plenty of great tobaccos out there, so for me there is no need to spend the extra money when I could use it to buy other tobacco.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I guess next year at this time, the price now will be cheap.
One never knows, but I don't care because I won't pay unicorn prices. I don't need more tobacco than I already have, and even if I didn't, there are so many great blends that aren't exorbitant that I have no interest in throwing away money on them. If I was a scalper it would be worth spending more to sell at a profit, but that just doesn't interest me.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I don't need any more Esotericas, but calling B&Ms will score you much more of any of them than scouring online sites, and much less expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.