PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

xoibsurferx

Might Stick Around
Oct 30, 2011
Monroe, NC
Lately I've been very busy. I'm married with two year old twins and own a lawn care business. Its almost spring so I pretty much wake up and go service lawns until almost dark.
When I get home I'm always tired and hungry but always crave a good pipe smoke. I normally don't work weekends so I'll definitely be enjoying a good smoke tomorrow!
I'm just curious when you get the chance to have a nice pipe smoke? Before or with breakfast, while driving, weekends, after work, etc...?

irish2fish

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2011
Alaska
I usually have one when I Drive(with out kids in the truck), during the warmer weather it is when ever I feel like it and am not inside with the kids.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I graduated high school last year and work at McDonalds, so I typically have a lot of time on my hands. I smoke whenever I want. Often I smoke when my dad has his smoke break

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Multi-task, multi-task, multi-task. Mainly I smoke when I'm in line for TWO HOURS waiting to pick the kids up from school. Otherwise I just get a good clencher, light it, and go about my day!

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Its hard to find time fore some. I get 6-8 bowls in durring a day. I work in a cubicle, and you ask how? Well one on the 45 min comute to work. I have a mini meer for my two 15 minute breaks. Usually I eat lunch at my desk while doing paperwork, so a nice long smoke at my lunch hour. Another 45 minute comute with a clencher. One after diner and sometimes one before bed.

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Nice tokerpipes.I work weekends and mondays so anytime during the week is a good time for a bowl but I have been slacking the last few weeks.Still get in a few a day but it's been very windy and either I can't keep it lit or the lighter keeps going out before I can get it past the false light...Very annoying

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Busy professional and family man here too. I fit in a smoke whenever possible but I'd really rather wait until I have time to relax and enjoy my pipes. Some days I'll take a smaller pipe to work and have a short smoke after lunch or at different times during the afternoon. My absolute favorite time is weekend mornings on the patio enjoying my pipe, some coffee and maybe something to read.

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Oh yeah first thing in the morn with a nice strong iced coffee that might be even better than after dinner...but nothing [for me] tops a good tobacco and dark beer..mmm

tennesseejed

Lurker
Mar 9, 2012
Good thread to make my first post. I work the nine to five and sometimes I get a good twenty minute smoke in at work. I would say after dinner with a good stout beer.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
I understand your pain. I smoke when I am driving a lot its one of my few times alone. I also smoke after dinner with a beer or other type of drink. The early morning is a good time as well.

xoibsurferx

Might Stick Around
Oct 30, 2011
Monroe, NC
Its nice to know im not alone when it comes to trying to make time.
Personally im working on sipping since I always want to puff too much to get through a bowl faster. Thanks for sharing when you smoke!

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Multi-task, multi-task, multi-task.

Are these the cuss words you mentioned in another thread?
When I smoke I like to relax. There is nothing better than a smoke when you have nothing else to do. I prefer the end of the day when the weather permits. Otherwise whenever I can.
I sympathize with Xoibsurferx. It can be difficult to find the time. It's easier for me in the summer when I am out drifting with the tides or spending time at anchor out of touch with the world.

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
After work during the week and most anytime on the weekend if I'm home. :puffy:

tgwilt

Lurker
Feb 11, 2012
I guess I'm pretty lucky - early retirement and enough money that I am comfortable, which may not be the same level of comfort for some.
So, I smoke late at night or whenever seems right.
Tom

Jul 15, 2011
I work as an assistant manager at the local service station. I got the choice of days or nights, and I chose nights. I never used to smoke before work, until we moved to our apartment and the neighbors kid starting waking me up early every day. So here is my usual routine: Wake up about 11, grab a glass of water, and then a meal. The meal is followed with a cup of coffee. While I drink my coffee, I let a bowl of baccy dry out. Finish coffee, load pipe, smoke pipe until about 2, then go to work. Get off work at 11. Grab another meal since I dont usually get time to eat at work. While I eat, I dry out another 2-3 bowls of baccy, then Im usually up until 2 or 3 in the morning smoking some pipes and watching TV, browsing the web, working on writing projects, etc.

xoibsurferx

Might Stick Around
Oct 30, 2011
Monroe, NC
Philip it sounds like you have a nice job since it sounds like you work on a boat. Hence my username I surf but I live three hours from the coast but surf when I get the chance to go.
I got the chance last night to enjoy an hour long smoke. Itt was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.