When Do You Have Your Most Relaxing Smoke?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

24 Fresh Estate Pipes
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes
12 Fresh Johs Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
18 Fresh Mastro Geppetto Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I know, the answers are going to vary, as my own answer does, too. Sometimes the best bowl is midday, others it comes right before bedtime for me. But after pondering upon the question, I find that more often than not my most enjoyable, relaxing smoke is the first of the day: usually about 30 minutes after I've awoken. His about you guys?

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
While my wife prepares dinner I get to sit on my ass on the balcony watching the sun set. Pretty relaxing and a great time to make plans that I never have to carry out.

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
Just about every day I work 10 hours, hit the gym, then study. I average about 1 hour of "down time" after all that to hang with my future wife. This is my most relaxing smoke. I load a big bowl of something and puff myself to sleep. If I'm lucky, sometimes she'll have a bowl as well and I'll pour myself a wee dram!

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
My most relaxing smoke is after dinner before bed. I live alone accept for my little dog. I have a nice comfortable lazy boy chair. I lay back in the lazy boy watch a little TV (usually Fox News) and have my dog laying at my feet on the foot rest of the chair. She's happy, I'm content, and all seems to be right with the world. That's our favorite time of day.

sdcowboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2011
Rapid City, SD
It is not so much the time as the setting. My most relaxing smokes are usually in the high country on the back of a good horse!

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
For me, it's right after the telescope is set up and I am waiting for the sun to go down. I usually pull out the star charts to get a game plan for the night.
Jason

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
When the wife is at work the little guy is at school and I just scored the day off. Usually get a few good bowls in then its time to get stuff done.....like putting up the Christmas tree before everybody gets home.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
When June gets home.... I usually have supper ready, or almost. We set and she has a Margarita and I have

a beer, a bourbon or scotch, which ever perks my fancy. I usually load my pipe early for that time, as I know

it'll be a good one. She tells me all her stories from the day and I set and listen......

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
When I get home from work I'm usually a bit tightly wound, so most "relaxing" would have to be awarded to the 1st smoke I have then... It turns me back into a human.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
When isn't so important for me. The key is having enough time to relax.

Nothing can spoil a good smoke faster than being in a hurry.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
The night I come home from a business trip. Especially in winter. Wood stove going, nice and warm. Drop the bags. Embrace the wife. Pour a glass of bourbon. Sit down. Light up a bowl. Like tonight, in fact. Like right now.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I've really enjoyed this thread; I feel like we get to know one another so much better sharing these types of thoughts.
I was just thinking about our trip to TN this past September. My son and I each took a few briars and a bit if tobacco with us. On our second day I got us each a new MM legend at the Old Mill General Store. After my grandson and wife went off to dreamland we sent out on the deck and broke in the new cobs. While I don't recall what the tobacco was I do remember the relaxing father-son time we had together, enjoying our pipes and each other. The conversation ranged quite broadly as I recall, from faith to firearms, running well last midnight. I need more of those kinds of smokes … as we all probably do.

thebigar

Lurker
Sep 2, 2011
usually right after breakfast

if my day begins with a pipe then it usually sets the mood for the rest of the day

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
Every time I fire one up is relaxing be it in the hot tub or on the front porch. The most relaxing is at the beginning or end of the day when we are vacationing at the coast. Listening to the waves crash and the peacefulness of being there.

Status
Not open for further replies.