PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2011
I started about 20 years ago but stopped, i have been smoking for aprox 2 years now this time around and enjoying it more than i did before.

riptide

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
10th grade so 94,95. A buddy of mine found a Dr. Grabow and we would take turns with it over the next few years smoking P.A. I got serious about it in 2005 when i was trying to quit ciggs. and Cigars where getting expensive.

armandotame

Lurker
Jul 9, 2011
It was my 33th. birthday, my wife´s gift was an Excellent Big Ben and some Captain Black tobacco. Still smoking in that pipe, and I just love it!

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
I was 18, and I had just graduated High School. I'd smoked cigars fairly regularly since I turned 18, but had always expressed an interest in pipes.

thekiltedchaplain

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2011
I was around 23. Started with cigars, went to a pipe, had no idea what I was doing, went back to cigars, and finally got the pipe down pat.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Wow lets see, I was around 9 years old, I would sneak cigs from My dad. I'm 54 this Dec. A long time sould be dead from all the smoking, now I just smoke pipes. :crazy:

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
9-10 years ago when I was 19 or 20 in college. Started off with a pipe switched to cigs and cigars just came back to the pipe last year.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
1975, I was 15. Bought a cheap noname briar and a cob at a dime store, nd smoked Middleton's cherry blend and Borkum Riff and Captain Black until 79, when I started smoking Edward's Buccaneer. Discovered Goedewaagen in the French Quarter, smoked that and Bucaneer until '95. Didn't try balkans until 98. So many tobaccos, so little time now. The last month or two I have tried 10 different new things, 5 based on recommendations from this forum.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
i was 12 when i had my first cig 14 when i started to dip skoal 17 it was browns mule plug(to cut my wisdom teeth) 23 i bought my first pipe lasted 2 weeks back to cigs tried a pipe again at 42(bought a nice pete) didnt take then either 46 now and i have almost laid the cigs down been smoking my pipes sence march this year quit dipping right after i got married back in 2000

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
sneaking phillip morris and matches at thirteen. they knew at fifteen. i just didnt know they new.

parents are funny that way
that was the beginning of leaps and bounds towards my goals of stardom at the emmy awards of dumb ass.

bubblehead

Might Stick Around
May 26, 2011
I was 19 and going to "A" school at Great Lakes in 71, bought a Grabow and some Paladin Blackcherry at the Navy Exchange. The pipe smoking has lasted all these years, the Paladin didn't. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.