PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
That tobacco that just exudes masculinity, in your eyes.
Mine would have to be the new Bell's Three Nuns. It's to my understanding that this contains Dark-Fired Kentucky, as does MacBaren's Old Dark Fired- the only other DFK experience I've had. ODF is considerably more sweet, as I'm sure others would agree. Thus, limiting it's inherent MANDOM.
I've smoked a handful of Latakia heavy mixtures, but none of them have really stood up and exclaimed their manliness the same way Three Nuns has.
I don't know why it is, but that is what it is. Also, I'd like to add that losing Roth as member is in fact, a loss. Carry on.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
It's funny, as I'm reading this, there's an advertisement for Three Nuns on the left hand side of the screen!
Anyway, I'd have to say (for me anyway) it'd be either McClelland Blue Mountain or H&H Black House, with H&H 10 To Midnight a close third. I like my "Man" blends heavy on the Latakia!

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
McClelland Arcadia. It's the only non-Aro that I own and have tried. However, I would assume that the manliness of a tobacco would be based on its Lat content. So Arcadia really isn't all that manly.
@petes03: Does Blue Mountain have latakia in it?

scrapyardape

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 9, 2013
Florida gulfcoast
Tobacco is not manly enough for me. I only stuff my pipe with iron filings, bacon, and gunpowder. :wink:
(now if only Russ would listen to me and make this his blend of the month) :crazy:

mrfus

Might Stick Around
Jun 6, 2013
I think the psychological effect of masculinity in the smoker is determined by momment rather than by the smell of tobacco that is burning... you can be smoking a vanilla aromatic as you nail the frame of a wall in a construction site or while you're standing on the keel of a ship at sea and generate that male macho image.
Attitude is the key, that expression on your face that say "I'm smoking a pipe and if you give me a nasty look I will castrate you with my bare hands!"

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
mrfus, very funny!! But it would also help if you were smoking GH&Co Balkan Flake (smells like burning creosote) in a battered old large-bowl Dunhill Shell!!!

bigmick

Might Stick Around
Nov 1, 2012
Just for the name; Pirate Kake. What could be more manly than a pirate kake?

Although I'd have to say in general Lakelands are the most masculine tobacco. If you can smoke flowery flavored tobacco in public, with no worries about people wondering about your masculinity...you win. lol
Seriously though I'd second the rope tobacco. That stuff is rough like a three day beard.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Forget it, Jud. "What's more manly?" is a game for the young.
The rest of us will have to be content, you know, actually BEING men.

easygoer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2013
I think I would have to go with Tambolaka followed by Daughters & Ryan Picayune.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
"What's more manly?" is a game for the young.
The rest of us will have to be content, you know, actually BEING men.
Well said. Otherwise, you're just a dandy.

shortyeastcoast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2013
jgriff: "Any rope will put hair on your chest...even Sweet Coconut Twist."
Man you're not kiddin. I blended Half And Half 50/50 with Happy Brown Bogie and even then it's a total butt-whooper.
That stuff is brutal.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
Shorty, there is nothing so nic-heavy as the brown ropes/twists - even GH&Co Dark Flake (unscented) only comes close. But I would accept the latter as 'manly'!!

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
I'm not sure I buy the concept that one smoke or another is more "manly"....but I'll play.
For me, Dunhill Nightcap. Latakia, Perique, and a good dose of N.

Status
Not open for further replies.