PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
We all know that pipe smokers come from all walks of life, both genders, all races, blah blah blah, but where are you from? I'm a mix of Scots-Irish, and Shawnee Indian.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
This is getting very interesting. So many backgrounds brought together over the love of the pipe. Keep them coming!

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Mostly Euro-mut

British Isles to Scandinavia to Eastern Europe. Zero Native American, so family myth of Blackfoot ancestry is bunk.

Very small percentage African (Malawi) and "Jewish")

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
Dad's Side: Swiss, English, a touch of Mexican
Mom's Side: Swiss, English (Cornwall, Redruth Copper + Tin miners to be exact - they migrated to the UP of Michigan)
I am related to Wild Bill Hickok on my Dad's side. He's an uncle. Is that cool or what?
On My mom's side I am told that my Akron, Ohio relative was the first to invent the latex condom. Apparently he sold the idea for chickenfeed. I wish I knew that factoid when I was in high school.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
My great-grandfather immigrated to PA from Wales, on my Father's side. I know little about him, only that he was a coal miner and smoked a pipe.
My mother was a refugee from Hungary in WWII, fleeing when she was 18. Her family fled Hungary twice (Nazi's and then the Communists), into Austria, where she met my father. She still has some relatives in Hungary, but never returned to her home country until she turned 75. While my father was in the Army, it wasn't advisable for her to travel in a Communist controlled country.

Status
Not open for further replies.