PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Never thought I'd try a cherry blend, but I've been talking to a guy who smokes cherry blends almost exclusively. Went to my b&m and bought some McClelland3 Cherry to sample. HOLY CRAP It was good! I've been moving towards vapers and vaburs, but man was I wowed by this blend. It actually tastes like cherries, but with a mild tobacco flavour that comes through. Very enjoyable smoke on a lovely Friday afternoon.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I have heard that the codger burley cherry blends such as Middleton Cherry have little to no cherry flavour, though they may have some aroma. This is all heresay, however, so I defer to others with more experience...
I also hear that Captain Black Cherry is very medicinal.
I found Gawith Hoggarth Top Black Cherry to be disgusting, but YMMV. I have seen many others praise it to no end...

Jul 12, 2011
Try the Boswell cherry blends ; Cherry Smash or PA Dutch Treat,

only cherry blends I have ever really liked

bludgeoningdeath

Might Stick Around
Feb 28, 2013
Timberville Virginia
The Middleton cherry blend was the first pipe tobacco I purchased after I decided to start pipe smoking from enjoying their "black and mild" cigars. Their cherry pipe tobacco is not very good in my opinion.
The Captain Black cherry blend is syrup like in smell but I enjoyed the smoke. It has some flavor to it.
I'm from Virginia. I really liked the Charlottesville Smoke Shop cherry cavendish blend. It's the best I've had so far. But I've only been smoking the pipe for a short bit so I'm limited experience.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Boswells Cherry Smash is outstanding as is Edwards (in Denver) Bowl of Cherries.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Lol Rothnh, I had no intention of trying anything cherry, but iwas pleasantly surprised. It will make a nice break from my other blends, keeping it in my MM Legend bent cob

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
Try Sutliff St. George's Blend. It is the best cherry blend I've tried...as long as you let it dry out a bit. Just finished a bowl about and hour ago!

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I was warned that I'd better like cough syrup if I intended to actually smoke my free sample of Paladin Black Cherry, but it's actually quite nice...

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I'll have to check it out bullbriar, I'm not really big on cherry, but man was I surprised! Add that its about $16 for 50gm, which is quite cheap around here (captain black is $25 for a pouch here) and it may become part of the rotation.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I also picked up a mild English blend at the same time, the guy at the counter just laughed! Who knew I'd like cherry?

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
My personal favorite is Mac Baren Seven Seas Red. Just the right amount of sweetness with a great room note.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
Tweksbury & Co's "Hobbit's Weed" is good stuff. I've never seen an aromatic (let alone a cherry aromatic) with as many 4 star reviews as this one.
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=H&TID=2007

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I did give CAO's Cherry Bomb a try last year and found it to be pretty nice. I had not smoked a cherry blend in 35 years but CB had a soft note to it that I found pleasant.

appointed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2013
I have not had much luck with cherry blends, which is a shame because that what everyone seems to think of when they think of the aroma of pipe smoke. It just always seems like cherry blends want to go out and need constant relights. Milan's cherry bonbon is pretty good. I do not like Middleton Cherry. Has a nasty chemical taste to it. I had an estate pipe that whoever owned before me must have smoked a lot of the stuff out of it. It made Nightcap smell and taste sweet. That post salt and alcohol treatment...

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
GH Top Black Cherry is the finest I have smoked. It also has a nice level of nicotine.

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
I find PS Black Truffle to have a mild tart cherry taste, not overpowering, just the right amount.

Hobbit's Weed is quite nice as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.