PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
I love a good sandwich, from a cheese steak to a tuna on wheat, burgers, grinders, hoagies and Reubens. But my absolute favorite is the humble B.L.T. The smoky, salty bacon, sweet fresh from the vine tomatoes and crunchy lettuce with plenty of mayonnaise atop lightly toasted bread. Doesn't get any better in my opinion. What's your favorite?

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
Pumpernickel, hot mustard, thinly slised salted pork belly and sweet onions marinated in rice vinegar.

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Cheese steaks from Bill's in center city Philly - man I miss those.
Moved out of Philly twenty years ago and I still miss Bill's - always make a beeline to this place the one time I year I get up there.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Bacon, turkey, lettuce, tomato, dijon mustard, mayo, one slice Swiss, and one slice white American on honey wheat toast.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
But my absolute favorite is the humble B.L.T. The smoky, salty bacon, sweet fresh from the vine tomatoes and crunchy lettuce with plenty of mayonnaise atop lightly toasted bread. Doesn't get any better in my opinion.
Instead of toasting, try frying your bread with a *little* bit of the leftover bacon grease...delicious!

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
This October will mark my tenth year in the sandwich industry; 8th year at the current shop. What I like to see in a customer is someone who appreciates that a good sandwich is a matter of balance. You get those guys who want roast beef and a mild white cheese, say Provolone--just meat and cheese, and extra of both. Why not go out there and get a good steak?
Your description of the BLT represents the kind of balance I'm talking about.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
A good blonde sandwich always makes my day! 8O
But on a food note, a fried perch sandwich and a cold beer does wonders for the soul!

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Melt-in-your-mouth jumbo smoked pulled pork on white bread with Cowtown's Night of the Living BBQ sauce from Joe's Kansas City (formerly Oklahoma Joe's).

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's how it's made, and the quality of ingredients, not just the name of the sandwich and generic ingredients. For a hamburger, I have never beat Keith's Steak House in Memhis, Mo., for a juicy patty and super toppings and fresh, hot, real potato fries. For a Reuben, I'll take Katz's Deli in Manhattan. For a Cuban pork sandwich, it's Old Havana Sandwich Shop in Durham, N.C. on Main. I can't beat my wife's BLT, top-flight bacon, fresh toms, and crisp organic lettuce. I'm still looking for a submarine sandwich that hits the moon, though some of the commercial chains do ok, like Jimmy Johns and Jersey Mike.

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I like 'em all. But I noticed as I've gotten older the Vegetarian sandwich is being consumed more often. But back in the day...

REUBEN &

Classic-Reuben-Sandwich.jpg

PATTY MELT

CRE108_0213_patymelt_MI.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.