PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I haven't really found a favorite part of the smoking experience. On some days I really love the charing light. Other days I believe that last little bit at the end of the smoke to be my favorite. What about the rest you guys and gals? Which part of the smoke do you enjoy the best. (I know a lot of will say the whole damn thing, that is a given considering we all love this hobby, but I am looking for the pinpoint favorite)

Aug 1, 2012
I really tried to go for just one but I couldn't so here are my top 3 favorite things about the experience.
1. The first third of the bowl after the charring light.
2. Selecting the perfect pipe and tobacco combination,
3. The calm feeling I get when the smoke is going along perfectly.

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
The middle of the bowl, when I know its lit and won't need a tamp for a while. Then the pipe can just become a part of me and I can settle into some work. My least favorite part is when I've tamped a bowl for the last time. It always seems to come at an inconvenient moment, and I tend to dislike the disruption of what I'm doing to pack and light another bowl. I try to avoid this by setting out a few DGT bowls before I go to bed. Then I know I'm lined up and ready for a solid day.

plank46

Lurker
May 31, 2013
I would agree with the captain on the point of having a relaxing smoke. I will add the anticipation and first smell of opening a new tin.

amiller

Might Stick Around
Jun 8, 2013
When I'm smoking FVF it makes me crazy how much better the last 1/4 is than the rest of the bowl. I'm almost angry that I had to smoke 3/4 to get to something so darn good. Otherwise, I don't really care, the part with the smoke is my favorite.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
+1 with ciderguy. I settle in with the pipe after I know it's lit and smoking cool.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I like the middle third. If I'm smoking an English blend like Old Dublin or Plum Cake I like the whole thing from start to finish.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
When I finally get the damn thing packed right and I can smoke without relights for several minutes. (can you tell I still struggle with packing?)

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
I'd have to say most of the time for me it's the middle 1/3. Of course, it depends...on which pipe I'm smoking, tobacco, etc.
But more often than not, it's the middle.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I honestly enjoy the entire bowl while smoking, but if I had to choose a favorite it would be the bottom third. Down there the flavors are the most intense and the blends I smoke develop the lower I go.

Jul 12, 2011
Funny when I started years ago, if was just grab a pipe,

smash some bacci in it, light...puff-puff-puff...done...WOW,

was I missing everything!
Now.....
Walking up to the pipe rack, looking and waiting to have "the one"

call to me...then finding the right tobacco to match with her. The

ritual of preparing the bacci just right, the perfect pack, testing

the draw (and tasting the bacci I'm about to smoke). Preparing

a nice drink to go with my smoke; sweet tea, Turkish coffee or

other coffee options (espresso, pour over, etc)...now the walk

out onto the patio, getting everything ready and within arms

reach...getting some good tunes going...the two false lights,

tasting and preparing for the true... When the true is executed

, making sure I have a nice even glow across the entire surface

area of the bowl....KUR-POW, I'm transported to Cloud-9 for an entire

hour...when Man, Pipe & Bacci have all become ONE....now

when finished I can't wait until I do that all over again ;-)
Boy was I missing it all when I first started ;-)

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I dont always dump ash halfway through a bowl but when I do my favorite part of the smoke is that relight halfway down.
EDIT: In the interest of comedy:

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
The first portion for sure, when I haven't had much relights and it tastes awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.