PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I know, I know, the whole McClelland Craftsbury Collection has been well covered in the forums, but I just got onboard with Mr. Morton and his fine tobacco, and I'd like y'all's opinions. Now I've had "On The Town", "Cellar", and "Across The Pond" so far, and all of them are wonderful! I'd like to hear opinions on all the Craftsbury's, including Grey Havens! Your likes and dislikes, and your comparisons between all of the frogs. So far, I don't know if I can pick a favorite! I might be a little partial to OTT, but man, that ATP and Cellar are mighty good too!

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
I've only tried Original. Love it though. Given my likes and dislikes in other tobacco I'm expecting to love On the Bayou as well. Everyone raves about Cellar, though I haven't gotten around to it.
In terms of Grey Havens, I think it's a quality tobacco. I'm a lover of Virginia's so this appealed to me. It's incredibly mild but smokes easily. If you're looking for a burst of flavors you're not going to find it with this tobacco. That said, it's quality leaf as should be expected from McClelland and for me it's a great smoke when I know my mind will be somewhere else and not focusing on technique. As has been said for many of the Frogs being "crossovers" from aromatics to English blends, I believe Grey Havens could be qualified as a "crossover" from aros to Virginias. Just my opinion on the matter.

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
On the Bayou is my favorite, but I have not yet had all of them, I still want to try On the Town; dang it Roth I keep having to buy tobacco every time you describe it.

~Ron

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Right now my fav is on the town. I have tried the same 3 as Roth. Across the pond is in the cellar. Still need to pick up the bayou. But I like all 3 I've tried.

B

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
Deep fried or BBQ with some cajun flavors.
For the tobacco I've liked everyone I've tried but the Cellar stands out a little above the rest.

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
I've had the original, On the Town and Across the Pond. Liked them, but they're just too mild for my tastes. :puffy:

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
All of the Frog Morton tobaccos are well-executed and very popular, but I like the little guy from the Warner Brothers cartoon who sang "Hello, My Baby!"
Russ

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Well, I'm smoking my first bowl of Deep Hollow right now, and I must say, I like it! Straight from the tin, no dry time, and it's behaving nicely! I'm not sure how to classify this one, aro or Virginia? The description says mainly Virginia's and a little black cavendish. If its classified as a Va., its the first one I've really enjoyed!

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
Froggy the Gremlin, a character on the Smilin' Ed's Gang radio show back in the 40's ... Froggy was a troublemaker on the show, known for being disrespectful of adult authority figures and enjoyed playing practical jokes and disrupting other guests.
Smilin' Ed: "Plunk your magic twanger, Froggy!"

Froggy (appearing in a puff of smoke): "Hiya Kids! Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!"

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I haven't tried all the Frogs yet but definitely Cellar so far is my favorite.
Also I'm with Foggy on this one. Frog legs cooked in garlic & butter.

Status
Not open for further replies.