PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Just wondering what everyones favorite MM Cob pipe is and why.

I am looking to order up a new cob and looking for some ideas. :worship:

wallace

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2012
I don't even know the name of it. The six dollar one at Rite-Aid with the bent stem. I got two and love them both! Lightweight and perfect for clenching while doing odd jobs around the yard. Don't think you could go wrong with any of them, IMHO. I should add that I've also got the natural one without the plaster fill. It was three or four bucks at the local B&M. It seems to me that it smokes a bit cooler than the other ones. Maybe just my imagination though.

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
To be honest, I think I'm pretty much done with them.
They were ok to "fill the gaps" while I was gettting a decent rotation of briars, but now I find I don't reach for them at all...

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
I personally like the legend I got in my bag-o-seconds, and the legend from the same bag that I refit with a danish straight bit. but the best recommend I can give is the bag-o-seconds. You get ten smoke able pipes and can smoke through them to find out what styles you like or don't, plus it builds up the rotation quickly, and gives you a pocket full of clean pipes for tasting new tobaccos

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
The Country Gentleman is also my favourite, hands down.
I've got 12 or 13 in rotation.
I agree with flintlockjohn - it has a sizable bowl for long enjoyable smokes and it performs like a champion.
I also like the dark stained finish and the overall rustic appearance. I think it is the best looking MM cob out there.
The corn cob pipe may not be for everybody, but when you find a good one they offer amazing value and performance.

corncobguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
The Country Gent is one of my favorites along with the Patriot and the Washington. All smoke very well and the Patriot looks classy.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Country Gentleman and Great Dane are my favorite MMs. I have a $30 Freehand that I smoked once (gotta load that one up again)

sdcowboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2011
Rapid City, SD
Like others here, I like the Country Gentleman best. I like the size of the bowl and the easy draw. The shape appeals to me as well. It is an easy pipe to clench when you're enjoying a bowl while doing other things. They are very forgiving and practically smoke themselves.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Smokindragon Custom Cob. One of my fav's.
001-4.jpg

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
My favorite is the bent Spool, because it has a somewhat narrower and taller bowl than other cobs, It's perfect for Mac Baren roll cakes, which are thin slices of mild, flavorful rope blends. I can fit 4-6 coins of Club Blend and get a nice, long smoke.

drlpipe

Lurker
Jan 6, 2012
I'm a big fan of the bent diplomat and bent great dane spool. They're both easy to clench and have a nice chamber capacity and feel good in the hand. Oh and they smoke amazing...
Also, I recently picked up a couple of bent Missouri Prides. This may become my new favorite... small bowl but extremely light and the natural finish (no varnish or w/e they put on them... just natural cob). Seems to smoke even cooler and drier than my Diplomats and Spools.. didn't think it possible!

maduroman

May 15, 2010
bent stem diplomat. i have one i have been smoking daily for over 2 years and it is still a good smoke...

patiobum

Nov 5, 2009
Baytown,Texas
I have settled on Country Gentleman as a favorite. I keep 3-4 in rotation between the HAM room, the garage/workshop and my truck.
I do replace the stems with forever stems. It just seems that cobs and Burley go together like peas and carrots. Schmoking Sugar Barrel in a cob right now. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.