PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

youngsterpuffer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2013
Hey everyone! Finally the weather broke so I get to enjoy a pipe today and I'm taking advantage of it. So I broke out one of my corn cobs and some lane 1Q just for an easy smoke while I hang out at my fire station (as I'm a firefighter at a low call count station.) what I'd like to know is what do you smoke every day, and what pipe is it in? Looking for some suggestions, I'll smoke mostly everything you suggest as long as the tobacco store I work at has it and if my bank account says that's okay!

youngsterpuffer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2013
I've always wanted to get some frog morton but it seems that I sell the last can we have every time I work. If be better off just buying it online with how fast it goes around here.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Any one of about fifty pipes -- I really do rotate the whole aggregation -- and any one the

twelve or so tobaccos I currently have open/in use. I tend to rotate between English and

aromatic. English includes Dunhill MM 965 and Altadis Fox and Hound, and aros are

Lane LL-7 and Altadis Queen Anne's Revenge, along with a bunch of others.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
I really don't have a particular pipe or tobacco that I smoke everyday.

Variety is the spice of life and I don't want any of my children(pipes) to get jealous. :wink:

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Oh... working this out as we speak.
On the way to work, my Grabow freehand briar with "natural" (the maker calls it) American blend. It's light, it's the reward for not smoking in the house all night, and gets my day going.
Lunch... either cob or churchwarden. Keep them in my truck. Short lunch break, the cob. Mine has a small bowl, a 15 minute smoke, no tongue bite, cool and refreshing. I use plain old Capt. Black. One, it burns best in the small bowl for some reason. Two, more pleasant smell, though I'm washing up when I go in.
Trip home... any of the three I didn't already smoke. Churchwarden, I'll probably pull over and refill. But this time it's a cherry aromatic, because when I get out of my truck, my wife is going to be sniffing me -- and she prefers the fruity junk. So if my churchwarden, first bowl is MY fave; second is for her.
Three smokes, three pipes, and three different tobaccos.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
I rotate pipes, but I'm usually smoking one of my "everyday cary" pipes: a Vauen Dr. Perl billiard, Dr. Grabow Starfire billiard, and Kaywoodie Supergrain Canadian. Dunhill 965 is what I've carried in my tobacco wallet lately, but that will occassionally change out for something different. Just recently it was Westminster.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
My everyday is a Savinelli sport rustic and 1Q mixed with a bit of cubed burley. I always have a second pipe and different tobacco that changes daily depending on my mood. Today was a Trypis and BHT.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I rotate pipes. Of those that see more action than others I'm often smoking one of my Pre-Trans Barlings, one of my Lee Von Erck pipes, or Talbert Ligne Bretagne pipes. My two common tobaccos are Danish Delight, or Easy Chair, which is a discontinued blend that Mel Feldman offered at the now closed The Smoker, Ltd. I've recently had it custom blended for me, so now I can enjoy it freely. Occasionally I smoke Frog Morton Cellar.

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
it is changing.......Right now I am turning to a turkish mix, smoking it in long stemmed cobs

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
Like some above I rotate pipes so I don't have a daily smoker but my daily blend is 4th Generation 1957. Super smooooth! Happy puffin, :puffy:
Dave

morton

May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Any given day I'll pack one of my meers with the tobacco style I'm into that week/month. Today, its a cherrywood meer loaded up with Dunhill Elizabethan Mix and a large mug of Earl Grey tea. After this bowl, I'm going to smoke a bowl of G&H Ennerdale Flake as a while ago, mrenglish gave me a generous sample of Cannon Plug and started me into the Lakeland realm of tobaccos. Love them or hate them, lakelands sure are different! By the way, I want to thank/blame Mike for my new found Lakeland TAD!

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
I do rotate 33 pipes with own made weekly chart (Monday to Sunday and aro, english, vaper.)

In Februry's tobacco are

Brigadier Black Bull Run for aromatic (14 pipes Rotation)

Sutliff Blend No.5 for english (12 pipes Rotation)

Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake (7 pipes Rotation)

I do planning changing tobaccos and 14 pipes deep cleaning by monthly.

aquilas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
Lane 1Q and Mississippi River as far as tobaccos go. I have a number of pipes designated for aromatics so if I'm smoking the 1Q I'll just grab whatever pipe is assigned to the duty. But for the Mississippi River, I'll only smoke that out of my Savinelli 607KS. Smokes like a dream in that pipe for some reason or other.

Status
Not open for further replies.