PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
The two pipes I want more than anything in the entire world, that if I had I would die a happy man are:

1. A Bob Oakley hand carved. I love this guys simple, classic looks! Next pipe I buy will definitely be from this guy.

2. An Ascorti New Dear. These things are sooo beautiful. I've gotten to see one in person and I was breathless. I saw the price tag and I teared up. It's just a little out of my range for awhile, but maybe I'll tuck away a few dollars at a time after I get an Oakley.
Anyways, I would love to hear from you guys. I see people put pictures up of great pipes and I know there will be new and fun things to look at and consider!

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
I think my tastes are a little simple, but I really want one of Boswell's Grizzlies or a giant Ardor. There are a ton of custom pipe makers I would love a pipe from though.

eibhir

Can't Leave
Jan 16, 2013
United States
I'm still learning so right now my dream pipe would be a green and black sport. It would fit in with my others yet still stand out.

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
A blasted straight billiard group 5 with a cumberland stem. Brand is unimportant to me, just want it to smoke cool and dry.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I think that my dream pipe is a Peterson 2011 Pipe of the Year in smooth ebony finish. Sadly, I don't think this one will ever come to me...
-Jason

sebastian

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2013
I would love to have the Savinelli Centennial set of 2. Made in 1976, for their 100th anniversary, also my birth year. It seems as though every time i find a set, the timing is all wrong.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Found this on ebay. It's The top part is a gourd calabash, and the bottom is briar. I wanted it so bad, but didn't Have the money for it at the time. If I ever see one again and can afford it, I;m buying it.

KGrHqNg8E9oLj1EuBPttd2CwBw60_3.jpg

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
There are 3 pipes that qualify as 'my dream pipe':

1. a Kirsten Esquire

2. a Kirsten Designer

http://www.smokingmetal.co.uk/pipe.php?page=255

3. a Falcon made in the U.S.

http://www.smokingmetal.co.uk/pipe.php?page=64

:puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not sure I would enjoy jumping into the high end pipe world, since this would put all my current pipes in the shade.

I like to take several pipes when I travel, and I wouldn't want to have many that I wouldn't take along because of possible

loss. I think a number of pipes smoked in rotation, all carefully selected and appetizing in appearance and smoking

characteristics, provide the most pleasure for the time spent. That said, I think hand made pipes feel the most unique

and personal. Beautifully crafted pipes with subtle irregularities, so they can be appreciated like cups in a tea ceremony,

accepting that they emerge from craftsmanship with their own quirks and individuality. Some of the less well-known

carvers do pipes that are first rate but modestly priced. So when you're smoking that pipe, it feels like your favorite.

As do twenty or so others. Or more. The dream pipe is in your head. And of course, by cleaning, polishing, and

tending pipes, you continue to add to their development and evolution. You are the craftsman too.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I feel my dream pipe will always be in my head, which is fine by me as my tastes and dreams change constantly and as I become aware of more artisans. I do wish however that I had a pipe from my grandfathers collection as he used to have a large collection including several meers or one from my dad's early days of collecting before he sold them off. I am happy that I have a pipe I gave my dad and at least one other dream pipe in the rotation.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I had two dream pipe and found one last month:
Comoys 499 Extraordinaire

A GBD 9242 Virgin would the be the other (pix is a New Standard, which would also do nicely!)
GBD9242NS.jpg

May 31, 2012
Well, this is the kind of pipe that might pop into my surreal dreamworld,

by Maigurs Knets;

Tomato_Sitter-1%5B1%5D.jpg

Tomato_Sitter-5%5B1%5D.jpg

....but something of a dream I can actually make a reality is finding

my birth-year Dunhill shell lovat, that'd make me happy, especially if

I can find one with a gnarled craggy superblast.

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
Nailed it! Got one of my dream pipes today. I picked up a Bob Oakley Poker from the man himself at his house. Smokes sooo nice! I'm going to write a bigger thing with pictures of the pipe (hopefully) and talking about the whole adventure. His pipes smoke just amazing and his collection is just as amazing to look at. He has all these stunning artisan pipes from his friends. If you get a chance, I'd recommend checking his site out: http://boboakleypipes.com .

Aug 1, 2012
Glad you found a dream pipe. I've already got my dream pipes. I wouldn't mind a horn and a birth year Dunhill but all things in their own time and I'm happy with what I have. Below are pics of the "dream" pipes I own.
First pic: Pre-transition Barling's make Fossil and Comoy 499.

Second pic: Porsche Design pipe and Brebbia Iceberg.
00-comoy-and-barling-1-600x450.jpg

porsche-and-brebbia-600x450.jpg

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Found my dream pipe tonight at the local B&M. A 1961 (birth year) Dunhill shell bent if beautiful condition. The owner lowered the price to $175.00 but still hesitated. I may have to go back for that one if it's still there.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Birth year (1960) bent bulldog Dunhill, rusticated, with a Cumberland bit. (If I get to picky, then it will be a Group 5.)

Status
Not open for further replies.