PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What's with the 17K posts? You might well ask. I've asked myself. Here are the five top reasons:
1. I enjoy gaining information about pipes, pipe smoking and pipe tobacco. Really, that may be the key, it's so obvious. This group really knows its stuff, and new smokers ask good and provocative questions.

2. I enjoy the sociability.

3. This is a community I can enjoy between tasks and activities in limited time slots. I'm somewhat a caretaker to my wife who has limited mobility.

4. This is a more responsive readership than in any other format. Published material, I often cannot tell if it's been read at all.

5. Surprise factor, both new posts and responses to old ones, always bring around unexpected material. It's a bit like a word game or video game in that regard.
No who-ha or congratulations needed. Just share what your additional reasons for posting might be.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Except for the lack of ice cream, I agree with you. Best to your wife, MSO.

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
Ha I thought you were really around a lot in the last few days. I am just happy to break 100.. Thanks for all the useful mindful information sir.. :clap:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
bluegrass, I wasn't consciously running up the score. In fact, I thought I might wait until the beginning of July to get 17K in 7/17. I think I just hit a good blend of coffee and went into a caffeinated posting frenzy. Muddy Dog Pepper Cask blend. This is a very uncalculating activity. Maybe somewhere in the back of my brain I went into "the kick," but I'm not aware of it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
jiminks, of course, you're the reigning and always champ of posts. Once I think I saw your taillights dimly in the distance, but you're out of state by now.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I totally agree with your reasoning mso! Of course I agree with ashdigger too, so you have to take that into consideration. Fact is you always have something to say, not just posting a few words, so keep on keeping on... :clap:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
anyone who lasts for 17k posts without getting banned from the site is testament to pipe smoking and this forum.

Yeah, MSO!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thank you fellow members and Kevin. I know I'm enjoying Forums because I jabber so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.