PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I keep checking Pipesandcigars for Black House and the tins seem to have been out of stock or on back order for quite some time. Now the bulk is on back order as well, and I'm dangerously low on the stuff. I know Russ Oulette is a busy man, but I'm starting to get a wee bit worried here :? Did someone buy up all the stuff quicker than he could get it blended? Anyone have an idea how soon they'll get more in?

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Often times one key ingredient that they need for a particular blend is out of stock and/or taking its time to get to the blender. I imagine this is the case. Hopefully it will be in stock shortly. You might want to give Russ a call or shoot him an email to find out what the hold up is. Here is his contact info: russo@pipesandcigars.com or call 610-297-9051 x254

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
I know this is sinfull fighting words, but I bought a few cans of this stuff...Did't agree with me so I threw it all out...I wish we could just give stuff away here, cause I will try blends from time to time. NOt like and just toss.

Jan 8, 2013
drwatson... you threw it away?!? :crying: :crying: :crying:
Roth and Chris... thanks I'm going to do that now. :)
Edit.... the link to Russ's email isn't working. :(

Aug 1, 2012
Allowed or not many of us, including myself, give stuff away all the time. I do love the bit of Black House I have and hopefully I will add more on my next TAD order.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Roth I was under the impression that tradeing and giving away was like capital punishment here??? Well I suppose I could give email address and do it outside of PM, if it didnt break to rules?! Believe me I hate throwing stuff out, but I am the only piper in Toledo

Aug 1, 2012
Hell, I use the PM system to give away or trade. If it gets me banned, so be it. Bradley hasn't been banned yet for it so I personally don't worry.

Jan 8, 2013
Well drwatson if you didn't know ya didn't know. I sometimes think i must be the only pipe smoker in my area too. Well one of two now that a buddy is getting into it. Coming here keeps me from feeling lonely lol :)

Aug 14, 2012
The problem is probably that there is no more Syrian Latakia because of the war there. I have 20-25 small cans that I am willing to sell for $10 each+ UPS shipping if you buy at least 10 at a time. I don't want to bother with a few cans at a time.

Aug 14, 2012
The Count wrote a review on this site last year. It is a peppery Lat mix. I liked it for a while as a late night smoke, but eventually got tired of it. There are a bunch of guys here who love it.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I'm pretty bummed after reading that someone threw it away. At first I wasn't impressed with this blend. Now it's a regular for me.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Dr. Watson:
I've been the recipient of several memorable tobaccos from two contributors on this particular post alone. Subtle PM queries were made and answered. Packages were exchanged. Bowls were smoked. And Kevin's advertisers were supported.
Just as importantly, friendships were made. If my "...so goes Vermont," friend ends up in the Rodina I'll find a way to get tobacco to him as I will my Absaroka pally in the Rockies if he defects to Canada.
"If you didn't know ya didn't know."
For what it's worth, I pitch nothing. Somebody I'll meet somebody who will enjoy it.
Cheers.
Fnord

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Guys, The bulk was out of stock for a couple of days because a couple of ten pound bags got misplaced. It's back. The tins are out because we're changing the format of the tins, but all of the H&H Marquee tins will be back in stock soon. You can always reach me at russo@pipesandcigars.com.
Russ

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Personally, I don't understand why folks buy "a few tins" of something they haven't tried yet
I actually have pounds of tins that I have never tried, Every year since 1992 I have bought Christmas Cheer. Haven't opened even one yet. Just my thing I guess. There have only been two blends that I have ever tried that just didnt agree with me, The second was Haunted Bookshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.