What's the Word About Aldo Velani Pipes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dongreyface

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Marietta, Ohio
I came across the Aldo Velani brand on pipesandcigars.com and liked the looks of a couple pipes they offered, but I don't know anything about them and pipedia doesn't say anything about them. So I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with this brand. Here are the couple I was looking at for your viewing pleasure.
pipes-cigars-tobacco_2207_2973050

pipes-cigars-tobacco_2207_3131778

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
They are made by Cesare Barontini, and are very nice for the price from what I've seen. I have several friends who have Velani pipes, and they are happy with them. I'm looking into getting one as well.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
There is something not right about the first pic. That pipe looks to me to have some kind of coating on outside of bowl?

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
I have 5 of 'em and really like 'em. Never had any problems with them. Reasonable price and very well made. :puffy:

Jul 15, 2011
I have been looking to order one for several months now and have been asking myself the same questions that you presented here. Given what everyone says, I may have to give it a go. Thanks for bringing this one up!

grafikchaos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 12, 2012
Chapin, SC
I think for the money, they are definitely worth a shot. I've been eyeballing them for a while now, and I'm going to have to acquire one soon I believe.

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
A Velani Filtro was my first pipe, and still one of my best smokers. I absolutely love it and will definitely picking up another someday. I smoke it without the filter and I love every puff.

winepipe

Might Stick Around
Jan 7, 2016
Thanks for this thread. I've spotted one from this maker, with .925 silver rings (fits nicely with the quote from LotR above) and was wondering about the quality of smoker it would be.

blackmouth

Lurker
Feb 2, 2016
Well, I'll give my .02 here too since some of the other posts are a few yrs old now.

I own both an Aldo Velani and a Cesare Barontini and both pipes are GREAT.

The Barontini does smoke better but I would not hesitate to buy another Velani.

I bought my Velani brand new many years ago. I wish I would have bought more at the price point they were selling back then.

OH well...hindsight being 20/20 and all that right?!

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
I stole this estate from Briar Blues. :wink:
Nice piece of briar with thick walls, smokes just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.