What's the story with F. E. S. S. pipes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dongreyface

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Marietta, Ohio
I keep seeing this brand all the time when im surfing on Amazon, but with any kind of research i can't find anything on them. Granted its just been some casual research. Does anybody here have any experience with this company or know anything about them?

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I have a lousy rosewood churchwarden by FESS.
You can do a lot better for about the same money. Look at pipesandcigars.com in the "under $50" section, is my advice.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I just found a video on Youtube last night and the guy was smoking a FESS Churchwarden pipe on it. He didn't mention anything negative about it. So zanthal.....what's so lousy about it?

logandow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2011
Oregon
I got a FESS calabash a couple of months back and I really like it but it needs to be re glued

dongreyface

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Marietta, Ohio
I had no plans on buying, Zanthal, I've just seen them advertised and knew nothing about them....figured this would be the place to ask. And trust me, I'm very familiar with the 50-60$ or less section of p.a.c.......so is my wallet. :mrgreen:

dongreyface

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Marietta, Ohio
That is actually why Amazon shows me the FESS brand of pipe....I've purchased a Brog already and keep talking myself out of another while salivating over the pictures. So it's in the 'customers who bought this also bought this' section.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
In talking to a few others who have them it seems like its hit and miss as for quality i have one a calabash styel no issues nothing to get excited about it dose its job. Others have said they have had issues with cracking and what not so it seems its a crap shoot with this brand

Status
Not open for further replies.