PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Good Evening,
I am half way through a bowl of SG FVF that I've had jarred up for 2+ years and all I can say is WOW. I've been sipping this with a slow cadence and it is such a rewarding smoke. I don't have the most refined palate, but I'm able to discern a somewhat sweet fruitiness (raisin?) with the grassy virginia and a bit of spice entering the mix. Man this is good stuff. I don't normally smoke a lot of FVF, but the difference between this stuff fresh and with a couple years of age is quite noticeable in my opinion. Thankfully I've got a pound's worth in tins in my cellar. I can't wait to try this with some more age on it.
What's the oldest SG FVF you've smoked and how did the blend smoke for you?
Awesome stuff!

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
2005. You want to try it? I'm running out. Looks like a have two jars left in the cellar.. It's pretty heavenly, bit stronger in the nic department than the newer stuff though. PM me.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
2002. I had the pleasure of smoking several bowls of that vintage last year. I shared some with the pipe club guys and we all enjoyed it. The flakes had a nice sugar plume and it crumbled nicely to provide a trouble free smoke. I'm salivating just from reminiscing.

Status
Not open for further replies.