PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I really enjoy a good Meerschaum pipe, or a wonderful Calabash pipe and even a Reverse Calabash. I knew eventually someone would marry those thoughts into one pipe and along comes Meerschaum pipe carver H. Cor introducing the worlds first Reverse Calabash Meerschaum pipe. So what's on your radar?

banjo
35336937762_56bd92b0b3_z_d.jpg

34694234983_75a4872b55_o_d.jpg

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
Sir, you really have some beautiful pipes... you should check out this Czech guy Petr Kucera... at Pipkin pipes. They may be on the small side for you, but they definitely have some style.. There a nice reverse Calabash at the Briary now... but it's far out of my budget.
I bought a nice little Juius Vesz this morning... and I have enough gold left over for another pipe. There's no rush. I am looking at Tarheel's Claret Ashton on this site - I can almsot afford it, but not at the moment. I want an Ashton Claret, preferably a Saddle Billiard, Zulu or Billiard. There's also this Baki Meer and a Paul Perri at Pulver's.
Perhaps there will be a worthwhile 4th of July sale.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
lasttango, although the latest batch of cobs I've been smoking have been much larger than the group 3 and 4 size I prefer I will take a look at Petr Kucera pipes, thank you and congratulations on your Vesz pipe they smoke very well.

banjo

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Since all of my pipes are straight or no more than 1/8 bent, I've been talking to Scottie about a full bent. The Saseini Viscount Lassalles on BriarBlues was my inspiration for the commission but I wanted it scaled down a bit...and working with Scottie is a breeze.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
bluegrassbrian, you won't be sorry Scottie is very open to conversation and whe she built my custom Strawberrywood Eskimo I got photos in various stages of the process and her pipes smoke great. Be sure to share photos of yours when you have it, cheers.

banjo

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Since discovering how perfect the Savinelli 904 is for my smoking needs, those and Bruce Weaver commissions will probably be all I ever buy again. Most of my remaining pipes, around 100, are currently on the chopping block.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
@banjo It'll be my 3rd commission by Scottie.. I'm very proud that SP picked her up. Seems like she's been very busy doing Scotties since the Chicago show.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Over the years I have managed to get: 1 Castello, 1 Ascorti, and 1 Radice. So to complete the set I've decided to keep an eye out for an affordable Caminetto. Really, it's just an excuse to get another pipe. :mrgreen:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I hope I'm in a phase of discovering the depths of the pipes I have. But don't we all say that. Lol.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
lifesizehobbit, I've see Basil's Bing and it's a beautiful pipe and of those folks I know that purchased one they are more than satisfied with them as they smoke great.
jefff, the Mini AJ is a lovely pipe and from what I've seen don't stay in any resellers inventory for very long, best of luck finding one, I know it will smoke like a dream.

banjo

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I'm Jonesing for no pipe at this very moment!!
Just received a smallish Wally Frank bent billiard, to go with my E.Wilke and Bertram, both of the same size and shape.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Every time I mention that I'm done buying pipes, I seem to buy one right after that. So I won't say that. I'm hoping to start making my own someday. Then sell all my others, and only smoke the ones I make. Does anyone know of anyone that does this kind of thing?

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
jefff, if you are having serious thoughts about an eltang mini AJ, you can test the waters by spending 1/3 of it on one of his specially rusticated sailor pipes. It's satiating and much more affordable. A no brainer. The Danish Pipe Shop has them... I have two. They are about $100 and you get a smokable, signature eltang rusticated bowl.

7020e_zpsmuouonp8.jpg

7020c_zpspzqu3anq.jpg

6640c_zpsbneeywpv.jpg

tozert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2017
Cornwall
That reverse calabash meerschaum by H. Cor is a brilliant idea...I'm considering ordering one now, too!

1. Dunhill Root Briar - NEW as I don't feel comfortable doing expensive estate purchase

2. Freehand shape - straight grain in both bowl as well as stem.

3. One Morta pipe

4. Any no of inexpensive estate pipes - barn finds!

5. A new or unsmoked Meer from a reputed carver
1 to 4 are my targets for next 1 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.