What's new with Undecagon

(11 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by undecagon
  • Latest reply from photoman13
  1. undecagon

undecagon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Here goes, all pics will be stacked at the end.

Graduate school starts August 17th, I'm still in the market for Chicago apartments. In the meantime, elementary teaching is done, and I finished the high school band camp I was hired for this summer, leaving me happily "unemployed". I'm still giving lessons and doing gigs tho. Some exciting gigs coming up if you are near the windy city: next thursday (27th?) my steel band and marimba quartet will both be playing in Nichols park from 1-3. Then, my steel band is playing in the 4th of July parade before heading to Montreal for their Pan Festival. Speaking of which, how much baccy can I carry across the border?

My nephew was recently baptised, and my sis and her husband are enjoying parenthood greatly

I have a friend who recently got her PHD in theology and has began studying scotch and pipe smoking under my tutelage She took me to Uhle's in Milwalkee and I bought her a cob and a Nording.

My family and I are currently visiting friends and family in texas and arizona. Here in dallas now....smoke shops? Will be in Pheonix in a few days, again....smoke shops?

My cats are doing well too!

"I said NO camels, that's FIVE camels...can't you count?!"
    AJHvibes.com
    Posted 7 years ago #
  2. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Cool stuff, I've been listening to Island music all day with lots of steel drums in it. We need a video clip of your group now.

" I'm talking about the kind of sound you can feel. When it comes to great stereo you can't beat big speakers, I'm talking about big speakers with big woofers."
    Posted 7 years ago #
  3. keeper

keeper

Login to Send PM

I believe you can take 200 grams to Canada without paying duty.

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. jameral

jameral

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'll second that request for video clips.

Know your limits but always push the envelope.

I don't trust air I can't see.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Good luck in your future endeavors whatever they may be!

Posted 7 years ago #
  6. mluyckx

Belgian Mick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Dallas smoke shops
    * Up in Smoke has several around the metroplex. Northwest Highway and 75, Lewisville, Irving, ... Which side are you on ?
    * Sir Elliot's on Preston Road has some nice bulks, a little area to sit and good coffee. A couple of guys met there last week.
    * Two Brothers in Plano is pretty good too. Nice back patio.

Note that, like many other cities, most tobacco shops here are focusing more and more on cigars. The pipe tobacco has been lumped in with cigarettes and taxes are killing the local tobacconists. Unless they have a large volume (like Up in Smoke does), they are mostly going away from pipes.

PM me if you need more info.

"The fact is, squire, the moment a man takes to a pipe, he becomes a philosopher. It's the poor man's friend; it calms the mind, soothes the temper, and makes a man patient under difficulties. It has made more good men, good husbands, kind masters, indulgent fathers, than any other blessed thing on this universal earth."
    -"Sam Slick, the clockmaker" aka T.C.Haliburton
    Posted 7 years ago #
  7. rickpal14

rickpal14

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Phoenix Shops:

Ye Olde Pipe & Tobacco Shoppe - Great selection of pipes and tobacco and a nice smoking lounge
    1-877-955-7740

Stag Tobacconists
    9201 N 29th Ave
    Phoenix

Stag Tobacconists
    23535 N Scottsdale Rd #104
    Scottsdale, AZ

All 3 are owned by Rich Hopkins and are great shops. I found Ye Olde Pipe & Tobacco to be the best one overall with the Scottsdale location to be a close second... Smaller pipe/tobacco selection but nicer location....

Hope you are having fun and great gifts for your friend!!!

Proud Member of the BlackBlood Society...........
    Posted 7 years ago #
  8. admin

Kevin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

Excellent!

Thanks for the update Anthony!

Check Out Our - Pipes Podcast
    Posted 7 years ago #
  9. undecagon

undecagon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Went to Up in Smoke on McKinney today. Nice shop. Didn't make any purchases (no pease ) and couldn't stay long as I had the brother-in-law with. My sister was off with my Mom and her 7 month and soon he was being beckoned back to the nest. I think he enjoyed the little air of break time though!

Posted 7 years ago #
  10. baronsamedi

baronsamedi

Black House Whore

Login to Send PM

Sir Elliots is great too. I'd try to meet up but I'm starting vacation in about 2 hours!

Proud Member of the Blackblood Society Photobucket
    Posted 7 years ago #
  11. photoman13

photoman13

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sounds like your having an interesting summer. I've never been further west than Memphis and can't wait till I'm able.

Posted 7 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   cortezattic, 5star, peckinpahhombre, timt, jeff540, pappymac, lasttango, celticbrewer