PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowwideturns

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2012
Hey all I've been away for some time and I was curious if there is any new blends that have came out in the last couple years that I should try. I've just been smoking my cellar for about 5 years and I'm looking to add some more.

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
Alot of new blends. On the top of my head:

5 dunhill: ye old signe, dark flake and 221 bakerstreet, 3year aged, virginia blend

DTM: Salty dogs

HH: Pure Virginia, Old dark Fired

Amphora: Virginia

Collab SG and Danish pipe shop : Beginners Luck, Brown Sugar flake

New Rattray tobaccos

New GL Pease
There are alot more new blends

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I assume you are aware of the FDA deeming regulations that may affect the availability of new blends (introduced 2007 or later); keep an eye on that.
Among newer blends I like PC Fire Storm, a Va/Per/dark-fired from Forums member Russ O., also his Log Cabin Va/bur/Cav, and Chestnut, a tub tobacco in the Hearth and Home Midtown series. I also very much like Tabac-Manil Semois Medium and Thick cut versions, from Belgium, a burley variant, carried by smokingpipes.com, a Forums sponsor, and Iwan Ries, another sponsor, Three Star Blue, a sophisticated tobacco forward aro, not new at all (1950's) but somewhat revived.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Standard Tobacco of Pennyslvania created by several forum members has a nice line of John Cotton, Murray's, and War Horse blends. I reccommend John Cotton's Smyrna, Bengal Slices, War Horse RR and the War Horse Bar.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
What's new? A lot of new brands and blends coming out when a few months ago it was all doom & gloom and folks were ready to hang themselves, and the prices haven't changed all that much. Now your favorite outlet actually having stuff listed IN STOCK when you check their site is quite another thing! :mrgreen:

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo slo
SToP also put out a big bunch of Murray's and Dobie's Four Squares. I see you like VAs - you owe it to yourself to nab some of the great RussO's Acadian Gold. This is novel and spectacular, being bright Canadian Virginia which is fermented in a manner similar to Perique. It is utterly sublime.
In the realm of Lats, Greg Pease recreated 7 Drucquer's blends, which he has outdone himself with.
hp

les

slowwideturns

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2012
I forgot to specify guys my bad. I like va/pers and English blends mostly but I like the occasional aromatic. Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I'm a big dunhill fan but I wasn't aware they had new blends.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Rather intrigued by the Heinrich's 250g Curly Block va/per. Pricey, but I will get at least one and cellar.

Status
Not open for further replies.