PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomnernas2ndson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2011
Nebraska
I have a 5 year old gold colored bag of 8 ounces of Penzance I found in my cellar. Does anyone have any idea what that is worth? It has never been opened. Any help appreciated. Greg

tomnernas2ndson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2011
Nebraska
Thanks for providing me an idea of what it is worth and pointing me to PipeStud's website. This is a kind hearted group of people. Greg

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
I have no clue what it's worth but I'd like to make you a meaningful offer on it lol. No clue where to start though, or maybe just an ounce or two to sample? I've never been able to get my hands on it. Please let me know if you decide how much you want for 8oz or have any interest in dividing it.

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Just did a quick eBay search and realized that you're talking about a factory sealed 8oz bag.....I obviously wouldn't expect you to break that open to sell individually, I'm just unfamiliar with Penzance and the way it is packaged. But please let me know what you are asking for it should you decide to sell. Thanks!

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
I stopped in a crummy local cigarette and vape shop today to pick up fuel for my lighters. They had four lonely tins of pipe tobacco and a few basket pipes. You guessed it... I snatched up the $14.99 tin of Penzance.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
I'd paid $35 for it. That's about all its worth if you really want to know.
Concur. My local guy has no problem getting it, and charges 34.99 for the 8-oz bag. Stonehaven as well. This stuff is not freaking gold or platinum, or even depleted uranium...

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
And he's saving it for my 70th birthday present so don't even try to talk him out of it.
Quite so. Just when is that date?? I am redrawing my last will and testament, cause there's a chance I won't get a round tuit.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Quite so. Just when is that date?? I am redrawing my last will and testament, cause there's a chance I won't get a round tuit.
Since I'm only 61, and recently lost my health, you won't have to worry about sending it to me as I likely won't make it...lol

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I've got a decade or so on you! So maybe you'll luck out, or better, perhaps I'll bring some to a pipe show you might be attending. (Las Vegas is happening this Fall) Sorry you have health issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.