PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
We all have huge repositories of different tobaccos, but what is the standby that you fill your pouch with everyday? I alternate between 1500 Red Cake (which was introduced to me by a forum member--thank you!) and Trout Stream. I order a pound of each every other month. Trout Stream, btw, is only available at P&C.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I have a couple of pouches that I keep filled in case I find myself with the time/opportunity to visit my preferred B&M. Since I prefer to smoke only tobacco that I bought there, I keep one pouch filled with "Victorian Standard" (which is the name they put on Lane's 1Q) and the other pouch with something else purchased there (currently either Frog Morton or FM Across the Pond).
At work, I keep a couple of cobs for lunchtime lunting. I usually move one of my small 'sample' jars to the desk to finish off the last of a tin or a sample (right now, I'm working through some McClelland's #1 Grade Balkan), but I've picked up yet another pouch that I carry along just in case I burn through the first bowl quicker than expected - right now, it's got the last of my Prince Albert pouch, but I've got a jar of Sugar Barrel waiting to refill it. I'll probably switch off between PA and Sugar Barrel in that pouch, as they're both becoming favorites.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
My "pouch" is an empty tin from a previous blend.
I keep it in my truck filled with HH Vintage Syrian.
Carter Hall is also always on board along with a couple of cobs, cleaners, matches and tampers.
Oftentimes, I'll just load a pipe or two before I leave the house to make it easier on the go.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
I prefer the Trout Stream from 4-Noggins...that's what I usually pouch or 4-Noggins Killington.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I don't really have a go to blend that is always in my pouch. Right now though, I have a blend of crisp dried Otter Creek that I added a handful of moist Covered Bridges to in order to make something smokeable. It's actually pretty good. :puffy:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
weezell has the right idea.

SWR does load and burn about as easily as any pipe tobacco blend there is.

My pouch usually will have a 'personally' blended mix of something with a burley and either a Lat or a Cav Aro or both. I keep my brylon yello bole in the vehicle and carry out a loaded cob or two with whatever blend I'm in the mood to carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.