New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am never without a pocketknife, whether for cutting flakes into cubes, scraping out cake, or butchering random roadkill on the fly. My fellow artist friend, Dellana, makes these amazing works of functional art, and I thought that you gentlemen and fine ladies might appreciate a look at these over-the-top knives. I know that she fabricates every single component by hand, including forging the damascus herself, cutting the stones, and total fabrication. I have been contemplating carrying some of her work in my shop, but her works sells so fast that she is working now on almost exclusive commissions.
1510582_10203095357457359_7770410668015622869_n.jpg

1532043_10202341433689736_793257679_o.jpg

1233416_10201422134907841_1956378055_n.jpg

17241_1256925755788_272355_n.jpg

It tickles the eyes with how much detail she packs into these beauties. I hope that you enjoyed the eyecandy, and now I'm going to get back to negotiations on getting her to make me one. Happy Hump day! :puffy:

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Your friend does clean pattern welded steel. Is she using 1080/15N20? The patterns are pretty straight forward but I like the wedge with the pattern inserted into the bar. I'm surprised I haven't seen her work before. Her file work looks spot on, did she come from a jeweler or fine metals smithing background?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Beautiful knives. I have been reduced to carrying a lowly, tiny Old Timer, on the basis that I can

afford to lose it if it is confiscated at a security station. It's not just airports today, it's court houses,

emergency rooms, political rallies, you name it. I have been known to go bury a knife in a landscaped

area and digging it up after some event or errand that requires security. So I can't use any of my better

knives. These in this post are works of art.

Oh, I would most certainly use it. Most of the time I carry my grandfather's old Case knife, but I have a collection of Damascus factory-mades, not nearly as nice as these though. At this point in my life, I am looking for quality over quantity for my stuff. I used to pick up new knives every time I would see something of interest. Now a days, it has to wow me.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Love the craftsmanship on those cosmic. I doubt I would do anything but stare at it. Speaking of knives, I am using the knife from my slow smoking competition prize Nording set for flakes. Seemed appropriate.

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
Besides my pipe, my tamper and lighter, I have 2 Swiss Army knives in my pocket, a smaller one with seven interchangable screwdriver bits for electronics and a larger one for outdoors and other handywork
10-0_9043_hercules.jpg

1.7775.T.jpg

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I still have and carry my Schrade Old Timer ... solid as a rock.
Here's a close resemblance:
oldtimer-600x438.jpg

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
Michael, those are amazing! Too rich for my blood, though. The only thing of importance in my pocket is my Ranger Coin. Without it, I might be called to do push ups or buy a stranger a beer. I'm too fat and old to do either. The Army guys will understand... :lol:
knife1-600x450.jpg

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
I am embarrassingly way behind most of you, as of yet, I have never tried any tobaccos that needed to be chopped or sliced. When that day comes however, my knife of choice will of course be my favorite Sgian-dubh.
scots-knife-600x450.jpg

You have to work harder to get that coin than a knife, I bet.
You will be totally sold on flakes once you try them. I fold some, but most of my pipes do better when I cube cut them. And, a knife comes in handy for the occasional dead hooker in the hotel room type situations that we might find ourselves in, ha ha!

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Lint. :rofl:
But in all honesty those knives are gorgeous I love the look of Damascus Steel.
I still have and carry my Schrade Old Timer ... solid as a rock.

I still have mine too! My parents bought it for me as a part of a whitling set, when I was little.

Status
Not open for further replies.