PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Figured i would make a thread on my recent sales frenzy to help address an concerns my good friends on here might be thinking.
First off..
I am not quitting pipe

I am not raising funds for a new spleen haha Pruss

I have not lost my job

I am somewhat sane
Fact is im just trying to be prepared. Some of you know that me and my wife have been trying for our first child for almost a year now. Well now we have the help of a clinic and things are starting to look good for us in terms of having a child apparently it was just a timing thing but im not going to get into that lol. So Thats one thing.
Next thing is i purchased a 2011 KIA SPORTAGE yesterday for my wife great looking vehicle and shes happy with it.now i need to start saving what i can for our future and that means having to sacrifice some pleasures. And in the long list of life responsibilities pipe collecting amongst other things is one of the first to slow down .
Third thing is my work, my job is pretty secure yes but the company is in the grey area right now and you never know what can happen. so thats the bad side of my situation.
As far as my pipe they aside from my Caminettos are all for sale. I really love my Caminettos and one of them is my BY so i decided that i will keep them and start collecting them when i can.
So.
quick list of whats going
1986 Dunhill Cumberland

1986 Dunhill Shell

Savinelli Moka

J.Parker Piller

Lorenzetti Billiard

Hans Christian Anderson Stanwell

Phillip Trypis Billiard
Thats it for now once the other pipes i have return from repair i post those aswell.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Do what you gotta do for the big picture Smokey, I curtailed my PAD/TAD temporarily in the last 2 months due to a new car and a desire to focus on other hobbies (music) for a bit. (I'll get back to TAD'ing soon for cellar reasons though.)
Good luck!

Dec 24, 2012
Understood. There are much more important things than pipes. Someone should jump all over that HCA pipe since they have been discontinued.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
I'm gonna have to drive up for a day when you have time amd we can chill and smoke pipes and drink coffee

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Lol I am young but it isn't my first rodeo I'm known as the king of hobbies and at least once a year I get into something new buy a whole bunch of stuff to expand my experience and then sell off almost everything until I have just enough left to say yup I did that. I guess you can say my true hobby is experiencing as much as I can while I still can. Last year it was target shooting and international pistol shooting competitions the year before that I had a paintball business and was close to opening a field stupid by laws and this year I'm trying out hunting for the first time.
So when I'm older my kids will ask my dad what did you do for fun and I'll just be happy to have lots of stories to share and experience to bestow on them that to me is the end goal after all. So although I get what your saying Roth and I appreciate you looking out for my feelings and warning me of regret but from my past experience I know I never regret anything as long as I've learned for it.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I think that's called ADHD :P lol! JK buddy. If I come up I will see what the wife is doing and maybe the ladies can have their's while we have ours lol. Have a nice weekend, I'll be in touch.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Good luck on the family expansion. I'm old too and have bought lots of material items that I've regretted selling over the years, but you can't keep everything, like George Carlin said, "Next thing you know, you need a bigger house for more of your STUFF"

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
Best of luck Smokey. The good news is that even if you have to slow the hobby for a while some day you will be able to start again and rebuild a new collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.