PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
We’re watching my 6 year old grand-daughter for a week. She lives 3 States away, so we’re thrilled as all get out to have her.
But on the first day, after 3 hours of her chasing me around the yard, swimming in the pool, playing kickball, doing jumping jacks, and playing at the park, I said.
“Lena. Grandma and Grandpa are tired. Wanna watch cartoons?” My son told me when he dropped her off.
“Dad. Not too much TV for Lena.”
“Ya ok.” I replied.
So I found a Popeye DVD I had. I turned it on for her and she says.
“Grandpa. This is boring. I want to watch Mutton Stuff.” Me? I never heard of it.
She watched Mutton Stuff for an hour. Then she watched, “Paw Patrol.” Never heard of that either.
I thought both cartoons sucked. But I didn’t tell her that.
Give me Popeye, Roadrunner, Elmer Fudd, and Mickey and Donald anytime over this new cartoon stuff.
Anyway, and sorry son, but she watched 3 hours of cartoons while grandpa took a nap in his easy chair.
And I'm gonna make sure she gets at least 3 hours a day of cartoons everyday that she's here.
I just wish they were Popeye cartoons.

May 4, 2015
Yup. Father of a 5 year old. TV ain't what it used to be. There are some nightmare kids' shows on these days.
That said, there ARE some good ones that are fairly educational - if that's your thing ;)

Jun 4, 2014
With a five year old in the house I know all about Paw Patrol, Bubble Guppies, Team Umi Zoomy, more than I would like to admit.

bluegrasspipe

Jan 13, 2017
6e1Ke5f.jpg

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Paw Patrol ... that doesn't even sound cool. Any road, we don't have children, but after watching some cartoons with my godfather's daughter I started thinking ... what devilish cartoons will I watch with my children in the hopefully near future?

phantomwolf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I miss all that old stuff. My generation had awesome cartoons too. GI Joe, Transformers, Thunder Cats, Silver Hawks, MASK, He-Man, Ghostbusters, Scooby, Doug and on and on... The garbage my friend's kid watches is so lame. It's just nonsense and screaming idiots with no plot.

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
Caillou is the worst. Horrible horrible garbage. Dora isn't much better. I loathe cartoons like that.

Now that my kids are older, we have moved on to cartoons like Adventure Time, Regular Show and my personal fav Stephen Universe. while still being silly cartoons, they have mass appeal rather then brain cell stealing swill that little children gravitate towards.

When the kids go to sleep Ive been watching Attack on Titan S2, reruns of Samurai Jack and Metalacolypse.

Status
Not open for further replies.