PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

atjurhs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2017
What would you do if your getting ready to sit down and enjoy a few bowls of one of your favorite tobacco, then it got knocked over a spilled on the floor?
Me, I scooped it up and but it in the pipe, enjoyed one of my favorites and could care less that it came off the floor, unless my dog had peed on the floor, but that hasn't happened since she was a pup, but I'd still consider it, after it dried out of course :D
Todd

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
I'd toss her, as well.
A lot of things have happened on that floor.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
I'd probably save most of the stuff on top that never touched anything but the tobacco underneath it, but then these are my floors, not yours. :mrgreen:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
On an apparently clean dry floor, I'd scrape it up with my hands and maybe a piece of cardboard for small pieces and smoke it. Too much extra stuff would make it iffy and might cause a stink burning, but mostly, no harm done. What we think is dirty is often fairly clean. Someone did research swabbing for bacteria, and if I remember correctly, toilet seats were generally cleaner than the area around the kitchen sink, and often the floor is cleaner in many areas of the house than the TV remote or a computer keyboard. The assumption that something is clean is often our downfall. Though you don't want to abuse the theory, a certain degree of background bugs taken in by the body maintain the body's immunity. Farm kids don't get asthma and allergies at the same rate as suburban kids who live in "cleaner" environments.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Farm kids don't get asthma and allergies at the same rate as suburban kids who live in "cleaner" environments.
And therein lies a great truth, MSO--- I remember as a kid having neighbors that were OCD cleaners, Lysol, the works. Their kids had to wash their hands three time to eat, scrub, scrub, scrub. Hand sanitizer, etc.--- all the kids ever did was get sick cause they had no immunization to the real world. And allergies--- they were sensitive to everything because of all the chemicals.

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
Dropped a tub of Carter Hall off my lap once. Gingerly scooped the topmost of the pile of and offered the rest to Poseidon with a flush.
Got to agree with Mso/toob. Sterile environments have ZERO natural defense and will never be able to build one. People need bacteria, literally. I've seen people smack wild Grapes out their kids hands and scold them for nearly poisoning themselves. Wouldn't be surprised if the kid was rushed to the ER or back home to drink some bleach and kill that harmful Earth bacteria. We won't even eat an Apple unless it's plastic and looks exactly like an Apple is supposed to, perfect. Seems normal now to have everything be new, clean, everything new, clean, new....clean....

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
When my dad was young, they would go out in the Spring and find Poison Ivy in the woods just as it was starting to sprout out of the ground and eat a piece. He swears that this immunized him to it and he played freely in the woods full of the stuff all of his childhood and never got it, something HIS mother taught him. He also used to eat apples off of trees, worms and all. Never missed a day's work in his life.
The immune system is a response to some sort of environmental antigen. Take away all stimulus in an artificial, germ-free environment and the immune system remains inactive / undeveloped.

Status
Not open for further replies.