PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
Becacuse of the time difference, Yaddy's post last night came too late for me to reply. Most Brits would have been snoring after intoxicating liquor and dark tobaccos, with the exception of rebornbriar who seems to be nocturnal LOL!!
So I thought I would take the liberty of letting you know in advance! My son has just got a job - A JOB! - and anyone who is old enough to support a college student will know the significance of this wonderful event lol! So we will be pushing the boat out. Dinner (Chinese) in an hour with two bottles of Beaucastel White Chateuneuf du Pape (goes great with Asian food), between me and the Other Half - the son is already "out on the lash" - but it is crucial we celebrate anyway! This means that I will drink one and a half bottles and the other half will drink the other half! This will be followed by Taylor's Port with my pipes.
I'm about to set them up - A Les Wood bent rusticated, bearing SG Cob Plug; followed by a Peterson's Straightgrain sitter loaded with the gorgeous GH&Co Black XXX rope.
Eat my dust! as you say on your side of the pond LOL!!
PS If I post any silly/inappropriate topics in about 5 hours time please forgive me, for I will know not what I am doing. I'm going to stay away from freakin' eBay, that's for sure!!!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
That port sounds like a good idea. I also have 6 bottles of Thomas Hardy ale from 2004 that I'm saving for a special occassion though I can't imagine what that would be. Truth is I forgot about them until I saw them in the cellar this afternoon.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Dinner (Chinese) in an hour with two bottles of Beaucastel White Chateuneuf du Pape (goes great with Asian food)
Thanks for the tip. We make a lot of Asian food, but never considered many wine pairings with it. Will be on the lookout for this stuff (or wines similar).

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
pipefish, yes any white Chateauneuf du Pape, indeed any dry white Rhone. Sancerre and dry Reisling also pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.