What Will Become of Your Cellar When You Pass?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
It’s a morbid question, but the posts of cellar size had me thinking. I’m certain my heirs will have to deal with my cellar (in addition to my pipes) when I pass, especially given what limited time I’ve had for the pipe lately. I maintain a catalog & description of my cellar which should help. Hopefully there will continue to be a consignment market in the future. Curious what your thoughts are on the subject?

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
It’s not a morbid question at all. I think about it for sure. I have no children and no heirs. I drew up an estate plan with my lawyer recently that includes inventory on pipes and tobacco and watches and other collectibles. I have very specific itemized spread sheets made up with individual values and totals. My estate plans are very specific.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
There will be instructions to contact Steve Fallon, aka pipestud, and Mr. Gluckner at Briar Blues. I may will my Barlings to the Bard. Dunhills to Duane. Petes to whoever is the biggest Pete basher. OK, jk on last two.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
I like the idea of an itemized spreadsheet. However, given the number of pipes and amount of different tobaccos, I might not get it finished in time!
:roll:

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Hoosier, if I adopt you then you have to follow my rules like a good boy. But knowing your strong sense of self, maybe it’s best we just have a side deal. You can have my Royal Yacht for sure.
How about this ... you can have my High Quality Undetectable Counterfeit Banknotes!

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
I think I'll have a big table at my funeral filled with the books, music, pipes, tobaccos and trinkets that my main heir(s) don't necessarily want... and there will be a sign that reads "take one."

jrenko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2016
Scandinavia
When i am gone i am not going to worry what happens to my pipes or cellar. My wife can throw it in the trash if she wants to.

Status
Not open for further replies.