Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacco Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

What was your worst tasting tobacco?

(144 posts)
  1. mattmars

mattmars

Login to Send PM

Disclaimer...I am a newb and have only had a couple of aromatics in my bowl.

I've been puffing on some Captain Black White and some Borkum Riff with a couple pinches of cherry, both with moderate success and taste. Last night, however, I tried my local B&M's Dunhill 965 mixture. It smelled good in the jar and decided to give it a go. Out on the porch with a glass of Jamesons, lit the bowl and was taken aback by how disgusting this stuff tasted. It was reminiscent of a stale Garcia Vega (in the plastic tube) and old mushrooms with a hint of warthog butt.

So what was your worst taste experience?

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. marmal4de

marmal4de

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Paladin Cherry, it actually made me vomit.

In a society that has destroyed all adventure, the only adventure left is to destroy that society.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    Posted 7 years ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

HH Egg Nog

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. jpberg

jpberg

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Grousemoor.

Posted 7 years ago #
  5. spartan

Spartan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'll agree that Mixture 965 didn't do greatness for me either. It was like yard leaves for me. I like the smokyness but it was just too intense.

Grousemoor is on my TAD list however. So if anyone hates it and has some lying around... I'm your man.

"I was born to lose. So I'll die to win." -Breaking Benjamin
    Posted 7 years ago #
  6. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

Peterson Old Dublin. I bought the tin a few months ago,tried it, hated it, jarred it. Pulled it out last night to try another bowl, even worse this time around. This stuff seems to have a lot of fans, so it must just be me.

Al

Posted 7 years ago #
  7. puffy

puffy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Years ago one of my favorites was to be Bengal Slices.When I saw that they had an aromatic I figured it would be good..Wrong..It taste just like soap.I thoughy I was smoking Tide.I had to clean the pipe before I could smoke it again.

Life's most valuable treasure is..Love
    Posted 7 years ago #
  8. jankomatic

jankomatic

Login to Send PM

Rattray's Bagpiper's Dream. Tin note was great, every time I try it again it still tastes like ammonia.

Towards danger; but not too rashly, nor too straight
    Posted 7 years ago #
  9. robinmzg

robinmzg

Login to Send PM

Samuel Gawith Firedance
    Disgusting

Posted 7 years ago #
  10. mattmars

mattmars

Login to Send PM

I'm going to use this list as a reference for my next venture to a real B&M at the end of the month. Gonna hit McCranies in Charlotte. I sure don't want to waste anymore money.

Posted 7 years ago #
  11. nikko

nikko

Login to Send PM

sterling tobacco's bargain tobacco, they sent me a sample of it with something else I was getting. Had a bowl of it, felt pretty dry, but not so bad to not smoke it. It was horrible. I will never be tempted by a companies special blend of "we just throw together all the scraps" again.

Also, mattmars, I really like your pic, it is nice knowing that I am not the only one suffering with SAD (stone acquisition disorder)... I don't care if it is before noon, I want a ruination now...

Posted 7 years ago #
  12. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

C&D's Crosseyed Cricket

Posted 7 years ago #
  13. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I'm going to use this list as a reference for my next venture to a real B&M

The only problem with that, is tobacco is very personal, what works for some doesn't work for another. By totally eliminating anything from this list, you may miss out on something you may really like.

A personal example, I see an above poster didn't like Bagpiper's Dream...that just so happens a blend that the wife and I both enjoy - not as a daily smoke, but a nice couple of times a week/month smoke.

My suggestion for you would be to try any thing that sounds like you may like it - if you don't, come back to the forum and post it as a trade/sell. I've unloaded a few tins in this forum that I just didn't like or agree with me.

Posted 7 years ago #
  14. bigvan

bigvan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

mattmars, I'm the exact opposite. I think 965 is a classic English blend and simply superb.

Captain Black, Borkum Riff and cherry-flavored tobaccos are (in my opinion) utterly FOUL. Sugary, syrupy, candy-coated awfulness.

Posted 7 years ago #
  15. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

"we just throw together all the scraps"

Me neither, I have never bought that, but I got a friend started in the wonderful world of pipe smoking, so I had given him samples of all my bulk.

Well naturally after pulling it out of jars, a fair amount of each ended up on my desk. They were all aromatics, and it was stuff like 1Q, Chocolate, Maple, Rum. The kind of stuff you'd think would go well together. I mixed it up to give it a whirl. I think after a few puffs I was so green I looked like I was fresh off the spaceship from Mars or something. YUCK!

Posted 7 years ago #
  16. chispa

chispa

Login to Send PM

I tried some Captain Black White so I could have the experience as a benchmark. It was from a drugstore in a smallish town (Shawnee, OK). I think it was probably old since it was dried out. It had no aromatic smell or taste. It was harsh and nasty and I dumped the bowl. Mixed it with some RLP-6/ancient mariner and the combo is much better. Probably should have just thrown it out but it cost $11. What a ripoff huh?

<<insert witty signature here>>
    Posted 7 years ago #
  17. mattmars

mattmars

Login to Send PM

nikko, if it's not an AB it'll be a Ruination or the Old Guardian Barley Wine when I can find it.

Paul, I understand that it's really up to personal taste. To each his own. I guess I really meant to say that I would just use it to aid in my next baccy purchase. If enough people say the same thing about the same tobacco, well I won't waste the money. Thanks for the tip on the sell/trade.

Posted 7 years ago #
  18. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The only problem with that, is tobacco is very personal, what works for some doesn't work for another.

Exactamundo!
    I think you may have been a little quick to venture into "The Dark Side"...
    New pipe smokers often start with Aromatics... as you did.
    And, weren't ready to step into the world of English Blends.
    But, to answer you question...
    I love 965, and Grousemoor...
    BUT... Stanwell's Melange... (Let's just say I was underwhelmed)

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." Winston Churchill
    View Lawrence  Whitcomb's profile on LinkedIn
    Posted 7 years ago #
  19. jasongone

jasongone

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

it is all personal... Borkum Riff is the only thing i have tried that i have hated.

Posted 7 years ago #
  20. jpbass

jpbass

Login to Send PM

There are a few contenders, Captain Black Cherry, Fader's Lanyard, but Fader's Swiss Chocolate probably wins since it wound up in the trash. The CB Cherry and Lanyard were combined in a jar, with a few odds and ends added and have mutated into something smokable

Posted 7 years ago #
  21. lordnoble

lordnoble

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This thread is funny. Dunhill 965? It's good. Not the best Latakia/English blend, but a solid one. Old Dublin was awful when I was still wet behind the ears, and now it's a good smoke when I want something "for me" and I don't care about room note. Bagpiper's Dream is in my #2 slot. Absolutely wonderful and I have never tasted ammonia. I like the sample of H&H Egg Nog I tried, SG fire Dance Flake is my favorite among the SG blends. SG Grousemoor is a solid smoke if a bit one-dimensional for me. Captain Black White is fine, but again a bit boring.

On to what you should be asking... "I'm going to McCranie's at the end of the month, are there any stand out blends I should be looking for? I've smoked aromatics mostly up til now."

McCranie's Southern Cream and Quail Run are not to be missed. Also, Southport is a solid Va/Per that I think is pretty good. if you're looking for a Va blend, Their Red Ribbon and Red Flake are great. Happy smoking!

-Jason

The preceding statement is not to be construed as fact, but merely conjecture.

Proud member of the BlackBlood Society
    Posted 7 years ago #
  22. kamikazesasquatch

kamikazesasquatch

Login to Send PM

@mattmars and @nikko: count me in that too If I'm in the mood for hoppy then ruination or the stone IPA are both at the top of the list. And it's never a bad time for an Oak Aged Arrogant Bastard!

No, my name is spelled 'Luxury Yacht' but it's actually pronounced 'Throatwobbler Mangrove'.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  23. pipmannen

pipmannen

Login to Send PM

I had two really bad experiences, that Borkum Riff burbon stuff, and Capstan original, I guess I was just smoking Capstan too fast, or is it really that high in N? Anyway I got really sick...

Posted 7 years ago #
  24. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

C & D and GLPease Virginias and Virginia Blends, the harshest smoking Virginia tobaccos I have ever smoked.

Posted 7 years ago #
  25. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Paladin Cherry, it actually made me vomit.

i dont think paladin cherry is that bad. it isnt great, but i dont find it bad

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 7 years ago #
  26. hauntedmyst

hauntedmyst

Resident Comedian

Login to Send PM

Caminetto Barolo. Its a cherry and tasted like a toilet with cherry antiseptic cleaner sprayed in it.

A tattoo on a beautiful woman is like graffiti on a Ferrari.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  27. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

i havent tried many tobaccos, but none that ive tried i didnt like. ive tried Captain Black Royal, Half & Half, Arrowhead Pipe Club Mixture, A Sweet Cherry Cavendish Blend, and Countryside. and ive liked them all

Posted 7 years ago #
  28. rickpal14

rickpal14

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Half & Half...literally threw it away after I returned from the bathroom........

Proud Member of the BlackBlood Society...........
    Posted 7 years ago #
  29. yohanan

yohanan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My worst was Iwan Ries 3 Star Blue. To me it tastes like it smells, It smells like moldy wet wood with a sweet taste. To me the taste improves when you hit that last burnt nasty ashy bottom of the bowl taste.

Smoke What You Like, And Like What You Smoke...Regardless Of What Anyone Else Thinks...
    Posted 7 years ago #
  30. olderthandirt

OTD

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I was sent a freebie pouch of the 3 Star Blue when I purchased a pipe from em'.
    I think your being generous in your assessment of the stuff!

(-;

Snus, snuff and briar.
    Not much more required in a day.
    Brian from Oregon USA
    Posted 7 years ago #
  31. yohanan

yohanan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I would have said more but they would have probably deleted it. If I had the choice between 3 star and manure, I would smoke the manure hands down.

Posted 7 years ago #
  32. User has not uploaded an avatar

orko13

Login to Send PM

Borkum Riff ı dont like

Posted 7 years ago #
  33. thesmokindragon

thesmokindragon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sutliffe's Blend No.5, is not for me

Agree with others...one piper's sweet spot might not be for another...also keep in mind some blends you don't like now, mason jar'em and come back to them in 6-12 months, you might find out that it is your new favorite bacci (I'm sure we all have these stories/thread as well)

Also some bacci is more of a PITA to get the "sweet spot" from but when you find it, WOW...for me bacci like Stonehaven and Marlin Flake can really be a PITA to get it to "give it up" but when it does....OH YEAH, love the stuff!

Posted 7 years ago #
  34. mattmars

mattmars

Login to Send PM

lordnoble....Thank you for the suggestions. Also, it was my B&M's version of Dunhill 965 and they don't really cater to anyone except the RYO crowd and it's the only one near me.

Posted 7 years ago #
  35. nbpiper

nbpiper

Login to Send PM

Of the few tobacco's I have tried, the only one I couldn't stand was Bob's Chocolate Flake. Every puff had a foul taste to it. I've tossed it in a jar and hope it improves in a couple of months.

Posted 7 years ago #
  36. papipeguy

papipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Mixture 79, Condor was like having a bar of soap in my pipe and anything from Borkum Riff.

Blowin' smoke since 1970.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  37. cyndi

cyndi

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'll second the Firedance hate. It smells like an ice cream topping and tastes just about as good as if you were to set blackberry sauce on fire and drink it.

Borkum Riff is what we use as Carbide repellent (he's our kitten with the personality of a drill bit) and it works amazingly well. I stuffed a pouch into an old stocking and stuffed it into the crack of this chair he's fond of peeing on. Now he sits near it and looks at the chair with a mix of longing and disdain.

Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back! Wife or no, you are no one's property to be tossed aside. You got the right same as anyone to live and try to kill people.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  38. markw4mms

markw4mms

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Borkum Riff is what we use as Carbide repellent (he's our kitten with the personality of a drill bit) and it works amazingly well. I stuffed a pouch into an old stocking and stuffed it into the crack of this chair he's fond of peeing on. Now he sits near it and looks at the chair with a mix of longing and disdain.

That's too funny,Cyndi! I can't stand Borkum Riff either!

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin
    Posted 7 years ago #
  39. spartan

Spartan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@papipeguy - I actually WANT to taste this soapy quality everyone is saying about condor. Anything in the US with a similar soapyness to it so I can grab it up?

Posted 7 years ago #
  40. User has not uploaded an avatar

orko13

Login to Send PM

captain black chery

Posted 7 years ago #
  41. abecox

abecox

Login to Send PM

I don't think I've had a tobacco that I dumped because it tasted bad, except for the Super Value Butter Rum stuff. Never tried Borkum riff or Mixture 79, or 965 for that matter. Maybe I should change this with a trip to the B&M this weekend...

Posted 7 years ago #
  42. rhogg

rhogg

Login to Send PM

Captain Black, Borkum Riff and cherry-flavored tobaccos are (in my opinion) utterly FOUL. Sugary, syrupy, candy-coated awfulness.

Yeah.... I have some 'mild & burley" stuff from the local tobacconist that literally damaged my mouth for week. I cannot detect a smidgen of worthiness in Captain Black either. I have the remainder of a 2 ounce pouch rotting away in a mason jar just in case there are truly such a thing as miracles.

For whatever reason I love the smell of aromatic tobaccos but rarely actually like them. 1928 Reserve & Erinmore are currently the only 2 I can tolerate. I have heard that top black cherry is tasty. I may succumb to the folly with the foreknowledge of disgusting futures.

Posted 7 years ago #
  43. igloo

igloo

Beware Trouble Maker

Login to Send PM

Borkum Riff Whiskey and just about everything that starts with H@H . And there you have it ,one mans opinion

“There was an awful suspicion in my mind that I'd finally gone over the hump, and the worst thing about it was that I didn't feel tragic at all, but only weary, and sort of comfortably detached.”
    Posted 7 years ago #
  44. baronsamedi

baronsamedi

Black House Whore

Login to Send PM

i have a tin of Sutliff No. 5 I haven't even smoked because the tin smells like hell to me and I don't want it ghosting my pipes. I've never met a tin aroma I didn't like before that.

Proud Member of the Blackblood Society Photobucket
    Posted 7 years ago #
  45. juni

juni

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Borkum Riff (any blend), Old Dublin and Squadron Leader. Although I can recognize that the last one probably is a great tobacco I can never get past the latakia taste.

Posted 7 years ago #
  46. group4

group4

Login to Send PM

McClelland Pal 'o Mine (shudder)

Posted 7 years ago #
  47. scotrob

scotrob

Login to Send PM

i can't stand St Bruno- compared to all other tobaccos I have smoked this always seems dry and flavourless; I imagine smoking saw dust would be similar

Posted 7 years ago #
  48. judcole

Jud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This thread makes me because it again shows how personal tastes are. I'm not a fan of 965,although many folks are, but I love Old Dublin and Squadron Leader,and smoke several C&D Virginias. Have a tin of Back Porch open right now.
    Worst stuff I ever smoked was dream Castle Vintage Black & Gold. Happily, I smoked it in a cob. I had to throw out the cob afterwards - could not get rid of the taste.

Thought in the early morning, solace in time of woes,
    Peace in the hush of the twilight, balm ere my eyelids close
    Rudyard Kipling
    Posted 7 years ago #
  49. menckenite

William

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

As others have mentioned it is interesting how one man’s garbage is in another man’s cellar. I'll skip listing the blends I like that some of you dislike and stay on topic. I’ve only thrown out two blends: Half & Half and Tuskegee Airmen.

Pics of my pipes & stuff: http://photobucket.com/menckenite
    Posted 7 years ago #
  50. jeff59

jeff59

Login to Send PM

I dislike Paladin Cherry and Capt. Black. I threw them both in the can.

Posted 7 years ago #
  51. rickpal14

rickpal14

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

By far mine is Five Brothers... didn't get past 1/4 of the bowl before I dumped it.......

Posted 7 years ago #
  52. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I agree. 965 is horrible. Send it all to me!

Posted 7 years ago #
  53. sincityjeff

sincityjeff

Login to Send PM

@spartan: Try Ennerdale for your "Soap fix". I love the stuff.

So far I hate Limerick by Dan tobacco. It just turns real bad for me half way down the bowl.

Posted 7 years ago #
  54. yoru

yoru

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Anniversary Kake -- it actually made me sick for two days.

Sincerely,

Yoru
    Posted 7 years ago #
  55. jlee

J Lee

Login to Send PM

For me it was Red Cap - I know it's more of a RYO but the pouch note smelled pretty good so I gave it a few gos. It tasted like an old lady fart passing through an onion.

Posted 7 years ago #
  56. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Way back when I didn't know any better, I used to smoke Amphora. Wouldn't think of it today...

Posted 7 years ago #
  57. morlader

morlader

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Firedance.It is the only SG I can't get on with and the only time I have never actually finished a tin.

Posted 7 years ago #
  58. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Mixture No.79

Posted 7 years ago #
  59. robs

robs

Login to Send PM

Very interesting reading.

All I would add to that mentioned by others is be aware that your palette changes. More years ago than I care to remember, I smoked practically nothing but St Bruno. Easily found OTC blend in the UK. I always preferred the Flake to the Ready Rubbed, anyway... I believe that I nearly overdosed on the stuff and have avoided it at all costs for the last 20 years plus. However, I was gifted some "Home Brew" by a fellow UK Pipester and it was magnificent. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the ingredients were,50% St Bruno,50% Condor Long Cut and a Pinch of Patagas Cigar leaf. Now both of those were on the "Avoid at all costs" list. Well I smoke them both on a regular basis now.
    Same thing with some of the blends that seem to be bracketed as "Lakeland". I had mentioned that I wasn't very fond of anything Floral or Soapy, again, I was very pleasantly surprised when I recently tried some Ennerdale Flake, Bob's Chocolate and even another of our old standby OTC blends Erinmore.
    I still enjoy a few Aromatics for a change of pace. But these tend to be edging more toward the subtle blends as opposed to something like Paladin Cherry. LOL.

All I am saying is this, don't make the same mistakes that we have all made before. We have all dismissed many an excellent blend, only to return to it and wonder how we had missed a gem the first time around.

Communicating via this internet malarkey is an ideal way for me to socialise with YOU, the great unwashed and uneducated, whilst keeping you all at a distance. Tones it down you see?
    Posted 7 years ago #
  60. rigmedic1

rigmedic1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like 965, was my first foray into english blends. The worst thing I ever smoked was C&D Crooner. Tastes like old cigarettes to me. Bing was a heavy cigarette smoker before he turned to pipes, so I guess that's why he liked the stuff.

Posted 7 years ago #
  61. bambam

bambam

Login to Send PM

Samuel Gawith Black XX

Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.
    (Robert Kennedy)
    Posted 7 years ago #
  62. User has not uploaded an avatar

rls80

Login to Send PM

Samuel Gawith Dark Cherry. Scarred for life, I'll never try another cherry blend again!

Posted 7 years ago #
  63. aussielass

aussielass

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Bloody Nora, and there was me thinking I was alone in my vengeful hatred of Borkum Riff and that it was just because I was a newbie yet to get acquainted with the art of a different type of smoke defiling my lungs in a different manner (yes, I inhale, and make no apologies for doing so).

Jees, I'm gutted that most discerning posters, and even their compulsive pissing cats, loathe the stuff. I'm sat here looking forlornly at my teeny weeny pouch that cost me $42.00 feeling like crap, knowing it's about the only damn brand I can get in this hellhole major city.

After reading everyone's reviews & comments on the wonderful blends you all have access to, I'm seriously thinking this may not be the hobby for me - no sense in having exquisite pipes when you only have worse than manure to pack in them.

Stats: Female "Proud Pretty Pipe" Smoker, lover of all things aromatic, especially mens' armpits!
    Technophobic fool who can't work out how to invite friends, so if you want to be mates with moi, you'll need to do the legwork involved, but only if you have a great SOH and don't dump on others!
    Posted 7 years ago #
  64. lordofthepiperings

lordofthepiperings

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Worst experience with a tobacco by far was Old Dublin. I definitely wasn't ready for English/Latakia blends when I tried it, because it had me throwing up about ten minutes after I finished the bowl. I'm starting to think English/Latakia blends are ok for those who come to the briar from cigars/cigarettes but for those like me who've never smoked anything else regularly it's probably better to start out with aromatics. The flavour of Old Dublin wasn't too bad, it was just the fact that it made me throw up that turned me off to it.

"The thinking man always smokes a Peterson." -Peterson of Dublin
    Posted 7 years ago #
  65. ace57

ace57

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

For Me it's Half & Half.

U.S.M.C. (SEMPER FI)
    Posted 7 years ago #
  66. marmal4de

marmal4de

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm seriously thinking this may not be the hobby for me - no sense in having exquisite pipes when you only have worse than manure to pack in them.

Talk to Rich at 4noggins before making any drastic decisions!

Posted 7 years ago #
  67. juvat270

juvat270

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

For Me it's Half & Half.

+1

Although I can be accused of "never smoked a tobacco I didn't like," Half & Half comes very close. It's the first blend I have ever smoked that half way through the bowl I actually contemplated dumping it. It's not dreadful, but it has an "off" taste that I just couldn't get into.

I think I'll try another bowl or two here shortly to see if my opinion changes (though I doubt it will). If it doesn't, it'll get tossed in the garbage, but as of right now Half & Half is my worst tasting tobacco.

Posted 7 years ago #
  68. clanobucklin

clanobucklin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I can't say I have had as a dramatic reaction to tobaccos as some of you fellow pipe smokers. Usually I try something and if it doesn't ring the bell after a few smokes I pitch it. However, I have gotten very cautious about tossing things out these days. I have spent quite a bit of $ on tobacco that I originally did not like...only to try it again and go oops!

Here the losers of 2011 that I won't be buying again:

1776 British Grenadier - love the taste - burns the heck out of my mouth. Burned so hot that it destroyed an estate pipe. Toss!
    Altadis Witch Queen - I originally liked the smoke only to get turned off at some point. Toss!
    C&D Mississippi Mud - I tried it long time ago didn't care for it. Tried it again - same monochromatic taste - nothing special for me. Toss!
    Gatlin-Burlier Maple - burned too hot...little maple flavor. Toss!
    Gatlin-Burlier Black Jack - a waste of Jack Daniels or whiskey. Toss!
    H&H Sunza Bitches - My wife was offended by the name. It came too dry - I over humidified it and then tried to dry it out - my attempt was a complete failure. Toss!
    Bob's Chocolate Flake - Bleah. If you love soapy cocoa this is the one for you. Toss!
    H&H Sweet and Savory - This tobacco is neither one. Toss!
    Rich's Maple Steamer - I never got the flavor of this one despite repeated try's. Toss!
    C&D First Responders - made me sweat and gave me a fat head. Where's the Payday Candy taste everyone talked about? Traded! Decided to give it a try again - a pretty decent smoke and sometimes borders on great.
    Sterling's Bargain Blend - tasted OK. But burned like an out of control grass fire. Toss!
    C&D Cross-Eyed Cricket - what is this? It's not tobacco! Toss!!!
    Gatlin-Burlier - American English...Hah! Actually its ok. Simply poised over the round recepticle - not dumped yet. Not tossed yet.
    Pipeworks & Wilke #400 - when I first tried this blend it was a full bodied latakia masterpiece. However, the subsequent orders had more orientals than the latakia. I asked Carol Burns - what's up? She said its still the same blend - NO IT'S NOT!...not a bad smoke - tastes more like her High Hat Blend. A shadow of it's former self. Tossed with extreme disgruntlement!!!
    Sterling Tahiti - love the taste. Can really be a scorcher. Tossed! Only to buy a little 2.5 ounce bag because the taste is scrumptious.

Posted 7 years ago #
  69. ejames

ejames

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Mixture 79! Ain't fit for human consumption!

Posted 7 years ago #
  70. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

I guess since I disliked Old Dublin so much that I probably won't like Squadron Leader either? I've dipped into the Old Dublin twice but not found it remotely to my liking.

Posted 7 years ago #

Reply »

You must log in to post.

banner

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   disinformatique, 3rdguy, fernafast, tobefrank