PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
Please describe. Put photos if they exist. [If you have never driven a car, please list bicycle or other form.]
This is not an actual picture of my first car (there might be some somewhere), but mine was a 1971 Ford Maverick. It was seasick green with the racing stripe. I bought it from an old woman in Tennessee. I drove it into the ground and my folks sold it to some kid in the neighborhood after I went away to college. It was awesome.
tonysimpson.jpg

typical98

Might Stick Around
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto
beautiful car.

I do not drive or ride a bike, i would rollerblade.
BUT the first car i ever worked on was a 87 grand national. Helped re-do the motor, break lines, rotors breaks and skins.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Wish I had a pic of it...
Mine was a '76 Chevrolet Blazer w/ 6" lift. It wasn't pretty but I was the biggest, meanest thing on the road. I think my fuel usage was measured in gallons per mile. I drove it all through high school. Chicks digged it!

adam12

May 16, 2011
Well Lawrence and Hobie just beat mine hands down...
And I sure as hell wish I had a 70's Blazer. They are TANKS!!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
1979 ford F350. Imagine this truck painted black primer and outfitted with a 460ci engine. Gas mileage, it did not have but I outran everything from cops to college boys in their IROCs in it.
1979_ford_f350_1_ton_4x4_for_8_000_20652739.jpg

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
fiat-850-spider-right-front.jpg

A Fiat 850 spider was technically my first, but it ate a motor after 3 days on the road (and over a year rebuilding it).
Which leads to what I really consider to be my first:
66-vw.jpg

A '66 Beetle that was converted to 12 volt and was lowered about an inch. I drove that car to hell and back, and for about 6 months the starter didn't work and me and my friends just push started it everywhere we went. It was that first taste of true freedom and I loved it. I had 2 other Beetles after that as did a number of my friends and we all swapped parts off of each others cars to get them running and raided various AZ junkyards. It was amazing how easily those cars could be made to run. I miss my Bugs.
BTW those are not the actual cars.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
good god! Rich families? Mine was a 1968 mustang coupe that never ran and had to sell so I could go to college. My first drivable car was a 1989 buick skylark. One ugly car but very reliable up until a deer totaled it.

Now I drive a mini van

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Trust me, my Ford was old when I got it and was junk when I was done with it! I have a Triumph motorbike and a Chevy Aveo now. Both I am proud to say I bought new and paid off early.
Edit: Just saw Hobie's post. :rofl:

cajunguy

Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
My first truck was a 1986 Ford Ranger with no paint, a severely dented fender, and a transmission that sounded like a bean-heavy meal on the morning after. I loved that truck. When it went to Carhalla, I got a 2000 Ranger and it's been just as reliable. I'm still drivin' her to this day.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
baron, I had a red 77 Ford similar to yours. Was my second vehicle. Unfortunately, I totaled that one in grand fashion. The cops were shocked that I walked away from it with nothing more than a bruise from the seatbelt. I guess that's testament to just how well those trucks were built!

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
It's not mine which makes it worse. I can't afford anything right now and college seems to be useless because I can't find a job any where. I even applied at McDonalds and they said I was over qualified.
Oh well enough ranting. I am lucky I have great parents.

typical98

Might Stick Around
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto
i hate you all.. alot for beautiful cars there. Except that truck baron but if it looked like how i can picture it.. it was a mean one.

adam12

May 16, 2011
The first car that I bought was a 1960 Chevy Biscane.
Holy CRAP the tail fins on those were massive!!! Incredible car
used-1960-chevrolet-biscayne-hardtop-6046-1419622-4-640.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7giOrKYIwpQ

Status
Not open for further replies.